Your dream Emmitt Otter line

minor muppetz

Reaction score
let's say that palisades got the license to release three series worth of emmit otters jug-band christmas for the next three christmases. each figure would be in scale with the muppet and sesame street lines, and there would be four figures per series. Maybe figures from the previous series' could be re-released each year. here is my line-up.

series 1
emmit otter with hat, tool chest and wash tub base
wendel with jug, tool box, fishing pole and hat
harvey with hat and kazoo
charlie with guitar and hat

series 2
chuck with hat and instrument
weasle with instrument
pop-eyed catfish and snake (2-pack) with instruments
lizard with instrument
(note: i haven;t watched this in a while, so i can't remember who played what instrument)

series 3
pajama emmit otter with bed and blanket
ma otter with sewing machine, mini-stage and microphone
harrison fox with schedule, poster, microphone stand and microphone
doc bullfrog with hat and table

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not bad. Have you seen the customs made by MrTheFrog?

As for the lineup... I'd change Bedtime Emmet for Heddy Muskrat with the sewing machine, since she was always having to borrow it back. Alice Otter, Emmet's Ma, could come with Christmas branch on a stand. a couple of stagelights to fix on the stage backwall, and a Christmas star or something like that.
Doc Bullfrog could come with the Frogtown Hollow signpost, since a Kermit would practically undoable.
Mayor Harrison Fox could come with Gretchen Fox, his wife, as a two-pack with the posters, microphone stand, and a golden trophy for Gretchen since she was one of the three judges at the talent show.
Hope this helps.

DTWolf

Reaction score
The only thing that bothers me about your lineup is that, with only one series a year, Emmett and his Ma are two whole years apart! That seems wrong, somehow. Would it be possible to package two of the jug-band members together, and have Regular-Clothes Ma in Series 1 and Talent-Show-Dress Ma in Series 3?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
DTWolf said:
The only thing that bothers me about your lineup is that, with only one series a year, Emmett and his Ma are two whole years apart! That seems wrong, somehow. Would it be possible to package two of the jug-band members together, and have Regular-Clothes Ma in Series 1 and Talent-Show-Dress Ma in Series 3?
yeah, I know. I don't think any toy company would make an action figure collection based on a christmas movie or special and have multiple series in one year (unless they were a month apart). just look at the rudolph the red nose reindeer action figures. there has been new series in that line once every year. and unlike a regular action figure line, if we have top wait a full year for another series, then it probably wouldn't be as acceptable to have to wait to finish a group of characters like it would if there were multiple series in a year. people would want the whole jug-band in the same series, and they would want the whole riverbottom nightmare band too.

of course, maybe the pop-eyed catfish (and it's bowl) and the snake could both be pack-ins for other members of the riverbottom nightmare band (assuming that their instruments wouldn't get in the way) and ma could be in series 2, or, as you said, if two jugband members were packaged together, harvey and charlie could be packed togeter, since they were equally major in this special. emmit and ma could also be packed together, but then there probably wouldn't be any room for the wash tub base. and if a line was done this way, then series 3 might not happen, since all of the really important characters would have been made by then, although the last few series of the muppets line had two variants and two fan favorites. of course, i think the characters from this special are just as famous as the special is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
another way that ma could be released alongside series 1, and have my series 1 list be made as listed, would be if a playset of emmit and mas home to be made, and to have ma released with the house. of course, if palisades made figures based on this special, I am not sure if the special would be popular enough to have a playset made. While the special is somewhat popular, it probably isn't as popular as a charlie brown christmas, how the grinch stole christmas, rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, frosty the snowman or even a muppet family christmas and christmas eve on sesame street.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... You could have...

Series 1
Alice Otter, in regular garb, and I think a nice detailing touch would be to have that kerchief tied around her head with the points sticking out like washer women wear.
Comes with Christmas branch, small pumpkin, washtub or ice slide, and blue blanket bathing suit that their grandma otter wore.
Emmet Otter.
Comes with magnetic hat, tool chest, and washtub bass.
Wendall Porcupine.
Comes with magnetic hat, fishing pole, fish, and blowing jug.
Harvey and Charlie Woodchuck.
Come with magnetic hats (if both had them), cigarbox kazoo, guitar, and songbook.

Hope that helps somewhat.