Your earliest Muppet memory

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I guess when Ernie and Bert would come on I would get really excited and act out the scenes along with them.
I remember I used to have an Ernie action figure and one time my family was driving to Sesame Place and I was pretending that Ernie was on his way to see Bert. lol

Erine81981

Reaction score
I guess my first would be as anyone else would say is Sesme Street. I watched it every day of my life. Everyone once a in a while I'll watch some of the new ones but only unless it has some references to some old characters, songs and skits. But I do remember watching FR every night on HBO. Me, my dad, sister (sometimes) and my mom would watch it. I couldn't get enough of Fraggle Rock. One year for christmas (can't remember the age I was) but I got a Fraggle Rock drum set. Oh was the happest kid in my neighborhood. I also watched Muppet Babies when it aired on CBS and other channels too. The Muppet Show reaired on TNT back before it reruned on Nick. Which I watch it there too. One thing I remember is the McDonald's Muppet Babies plushes for Christmas. Now here is a story about how bad I was when I first saw one of these.

I was either in the 3rd or 4th grade around that time (I think) but one of my classmates had the Baby Fozzie Bear one. Man did I ever want it. I think he had brought it for show and tell that day. Man did I ever try my best to get that from him to have it. That's how bad I was about the Muppets.

SweetMayhem

Reaction score
Well, this is as good a first post as any, right? I was born in 1985 and was raised on all things Sesame Street/Muppets. For some reason, Grover was my favorite when I was little (Although I used to call him "Groser"). My mom worked in the library for a local school. They had a tv and she would bring me to work and pop in the Sesame Street learning VHS tapes for me while she shelved books. My mom taped almost every muppet special and TMS reruns off TV. Unfortunately many of the tapes have since dissapeared. I also had 2 Fraggle Rock VHS tapes that I watched constantly. Another one I watched over and over was The Tale of the Bunny Picnic. I also remember watching the Mother Goose shows on Disney (I think) which were followed by the Fraggle Rock cartoons. I never liked the cartoons as much.:smirk:

For some reason I always watched Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas when I was sick. It's still a tradition to watch Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, The Christmas Toy and Muppet Family Christmas on Xmas Eve.

The first time we went to Disney world (1995) I remember listening to the "Kermit:Unpigged" tape on the plane ride. We went to MGM first and I basically tortured my family into going on MuppetVision:3D first.:smile: I still love the muppets just as much as ever and am trying to get my boyfriend into them... My future kids are gonna be muppet freaks!

Reaction score
When my mother taped "The Muppet Movie", she missed the first two minutes in which Statler and Wardolf show up asking where the movie is being held. When I finally recieved the DVD, I was like, I don't remember this! It was a pretty funny scene and it's sad that I missed it when I was younger.

But that has to be my earliest memory. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't remember but I'm sure It has to do with Sesame Street.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Whip out the Geritol,someone...because I started watching Sesame Street from almost the very beginning!:eek:
I'd say that the Ernie & Bert sketches were my favorites.

Sweeetums

Reaction score
i had a videos of sesame street lol, and i didnt like people to borow them

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Whip out the Geritol,someone...because I started watching Sesame Street from almost the very beginning!
I'd say that the Ernie & Bert sketches were my favorites.
Pass the Geritol my way will ya? Actauly I am 40 yrs old. Just a fw yrs older than you.:stick_out_tongue:

muppetmonster

Reaction score
For "Sesame Street" it is when I went to Sesame Place when I was a very young child.

For "the Muppet Show" it is "the Great Muppet Caper".

For "Fraggle Rock" it is the show.

I remember watching "the Muppet Show" and trying to figure out all the muppets - that was cool.

Muppetmonster