Your favorite 1980's childrens show

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Er, anyone remember The Smoggies? I've been trying to remember the name of that show for ages and AGES!! Years, I'm sure. I think it's early nineties, but that's okay. I'm estatic that I actualy found out what it was called.

Also, Captain Planet. But I think that's nineties as well. Still, greatest show ev4r. **starts singing to herself** Captain Planet, he's a hero... something something down to zero..

superfan

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Besides Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies, my all-time favorite 80's kids' show would have to be Teddy Ruxpin! Is anyone with me on this one?
LOVED that show! Watched it every morning before school. I loved Tweeg and Bounder. And to this day I will say, "Heavens to Grundo!"
Hhmm..could they be on DVD somewhere i wonder?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Teddy Ruxpin, the bear where you put a cassette tape and listen to the story that is being played. I loved that thing......

Another great 80's toy and cartoon......

ryan

superfan

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Teddy Ruxpin, the bear where you put a cassette tape and listen to the story that is being played. I loved that thing......

Another great 80's toy and cartoon......

ryan
Talking Teddy Ruxpin made an appearance in Howie Mandel's movie "Walk Like a Man."

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
superfan said:
Talking Teddy Ruxpin made an appearance in Howie Mandel's movie "Walk Like a Man."

i used to make him sing like Micheal jackson, and some rap and most destrubing 2 live crew

superfan

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
i used to make him sing like Micheal jackson, and some rap and most destrubing 2 live crew
haha! That would've been kinda creepy to watch and listen too! :big_grin:

peachesncream

Reaction score
i loved my teddy ruxpin.i still had him until august when katrina killed him. i think my favorite of the story/booktapes was the grunge beach party.
i also loved today's special and pinwheel. can't find many people that remember it.gotta love plus and minus. i learned the flute becuase jake played it.:excited:

Andrew T

Reaction score
Danger Mouse
Count Duckula
Duck Tales
The Adventures of the Little Koala
Pee-Wee's Playhouse
You Can't Do That on Television
Garfield and Friends
Inspector Gadget
3-2-1 Contact
Fraggle Rock
Reading Rainbow
Mister Rogers' Neighborhood
Muppet Babies
Sesame Street
Square One TV

zeldazipple

Reaction score
peachesncream said:
i loved my teddy ruxpin.i still had him until august when katrina killed him. i think my favorite of the story/booktapes was the grunge beach party.
i also loved today's special and pinwheel. can't find many people that remember it.gotta love plus and minus. i learned the flute becuase jake played it.:excited:
OMG! Someone Remebers Teddy Ruxpin!! I used to love him as a kid. I have to admit the the Grunge Beacach Party has to be my fave too I love the song ' Surfin' Grundo. '
If you ever seen the animated series there was a couple I really liked too. I can't rember the titles offhand now, but it was the one where Teddy and his freinds were captured by MAVO.
And I also liked The Hermit Of Lekey Lake.
I have a few Mp3's from Teddy Ruxpin and Theres one really pretty one called ' This Lovely Night. ' He has sutch a nice singing voice really sooothing.

As for Other 80's Children's programs.

The shows with stars are my faves and I would still watch if I had the chance to.

Little Clowns Of Happy Town
Rose Peatle Place
Popples
Transformers *
He Man
She Ra *
Voltron
Robotech *
Mask
Unlissiees 31
SuperBook *
Flying House *