Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

Ziffel

Reaction score
I thought of one with a man (might have been a professor) , a boy, and a bird (that I think looked sort of like Heckle and Jeckle). The man was either trying to teach the boy about the letter n or was trying to show the boy how the bird could talk. Anyway, I do recall he asked the bird to say a word that starts with n and the bird says, "No." The man gets upset and keeps prompting the bird to say a word that starts with n. The bird said 4 of them, the last one being, "Never." But the man didn't realize this. He thought the bird was deliberately being defiant. So he got real mad. Then the boy pointed out to him that all four words ( no, never, and I forgot the other two. One may have been "nothing." ) began with n. The man apologized to the bird and said, "You really are the smartest bird." The bird replied something like, "Thank you. And beautiful feathers also." I'm thinking the name of the bird was Willis. I'm a little sketchy about this sketch!
Oh, and I also remember that they did this animated sketch in Spanish also.

SesameMike

Reaction score
In the animation with the birds and counting to 20, I think what happened is you had a flock of birds resting on the digits, and the number of birds increased by one with each number -- so there were nine birds on the 9 for example. The numbers passed by as the camera gradually panned to the right while the narrator counted.

The narrator was particularly intense about the last 3 numbers: 18..., 19.... AND 20!! What happened here was 19 birds came to rest on the 20, then the 20th landed sort of in the middle. The instant he landed, all the other birds suddenly turned to look at him.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this crazy animation?

Against some background, we see progressive "bites" taken out. Munch and chewing sound effects accompany the scene accordingly. Finally, when there's nothing left but a white (or black?) background, a male voice says:

"All right. Now that you've eaten everything in sight. Would you mind telling me what you plan(ned) to have for dessert?"

The chomping resumes, only this time the white bacground is crunched away to reveal a black background -- or whatever the correct colors were.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Mike I typed that 1 up in the section on computer animation witch is on the bottom of this page.

SesameMike

Reaction score
How about this animation?

Against a plain background, a man is walking along and trips over a small rock. This gives the man a series of ideas -- inventing the wheel, essentially -- which are promptly reflected in a detailed thought balloon.

First, the man picks up the stone. He imagines he can flatten it round, and put a stick through the center (the thought shows him spinning the rock on the stick).

Then he imagines putting a stone on each end of the stick, "and have a horse pull them" (image shows a horse pulling a crude chariot, with hoof-beat audio)

Then he imagines putting two such "axles" down and "have a lot of horses pull them" (image shows 3 or 4 horses pulling a buggy/carriage)

Then he tries to figure out a way "to get rid of the horses." (The thought balloon shows the buggy evolving into an automobile)
"I could call it, a cucumber. No that's too long of a name."
"I could/I'll call it, a CAR!"
"I'll make zillions of cars! And more cars and more cars and more cars..."

Thought balloon now depicts the chaos of a busy highway and the din of motors roaring and horns honking. Not to mention a (un)healthy dose of car exhaust overhead. This is sustained for a few seconds.

"Who needs it!" says the man, as he throws/kicks the rock away.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
yeah that was a wierd 1. how about the man from the country saying he's on his way to the city saying how he'll know he's there and goes into these details and he's so busy telling us all this he's passes it all by. after saying i'll have a lot of fun when i get to the city pauses. uh i think i passed it. he certainly was a fool for the city. get the joke? let me know if you don't.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Here's a couple more:

(1) This one was part cartoon. There was a real boy and a little cartoon man.
The little man was exploring all around the boy and explaining what the various body parts were called and their function. When he was near the boy's teeth he said he better be careful because teeth can "chew you to bits." At the end the little man was going back down again and the boy says his only line in the skit, "Happy landing." The man replies, "Oh, thank you!"

(2) I liked this one that had two ducks in a bathtub and one duck is saying, "I'm tall. dee dum. I'm tall. dee dee.." Then the other duck says, "Wait a second, did you just say that you were tall?" Other duck nods. "How can you say a thing like that? I mean, you and I are the same size (he moves his hand, er, guess I should say... wing, over both of their heads to show the identical height). And if I am...(he jumps out of the tub) short, then how can you possibly be tall?"
The other duck starts to ponder, "Let's see, how can I be tall (he gets out of the tub too, but it is then revealed that his legs are about ten feet long!) how can I be tall, how CAN I be tall when you are short? I give up, shorty. How?" The short duck resignedly says, "Never mind, you're dripping water on me."

FshyFshyFshy

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
(1) This one was part cartoon. There was a real boy and a little cartoon man.
The little man was exploring all around the boy and explaining what the various body parts were called and their function. When he was near the boy's teeth he said he better be careful because teeth can "chew you to bits." At the end the little man was going back down again and the boy says his only line in the skit, "Happy landing." The man replies, "Oh, thank you!"
I remember this one because I had a cousin about 5 years older than me that I thought this boy resembled. I'd also bet money that the voice of that animated character is the same one that did the original Piglet in Disney's "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh".

One of my favorite cartoons is of the lady with the fruit on her hat. I know there's a fruit song but am not sure if that's in reference to this cartoon or not. I also love the cartoon about the acorn that goes from falling off a tree to becoming a tree itself - great music in that piece!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Remember one where this gigantic bug like a caterpillar walks on a floor and leaves messy tracks all over? And then this guy looks astonished and disappointed at the messy floor. I think he might have just finished mopping it, but not sure. What I got a kick out of was the sound effects of the bug walking on the floor. Let me try to describe it by one of my wacky typing depictions: Tih lih LIH..Tih lih LIH..Tih lih lih..Tih lih LIH! :zany:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
first he begins to sweep the mess up but keep leaving his marks on the floor. after a few times in gets the idea to go backwards. then come the long green caterpillar or caterpilars.