Your Favorite Guy Smiley Moments...

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I love "Beat the Time with Cookie Monster" also like the song "Air"
I used to be sooo afraid of Guy Smiley. :zany: :zany: :zany: :zany:

Xerus

Reaction score
My favorite was one where Guy Smiley goes on vacation to the jungle to take some pictures of the animals. But his guide tells him to talk quietly for he'll scare all the animals away. But Guy could not keep quiet at all and ends up scaring away animals like a rabbit and a monkey before he could take their pictures. Then he started talking loud to a tiger causing the guide to run away. But the tiger turned out to be a big Guy Smiley fan and wanted to take a picture of him.

And I also liked it when Guy Smiley hosts What's My Part and Here is Your Life. They have made some new Here is Your Life skits a few years ago after Jim Henson's death, but they were hosted by Sonny Friendly and was called The NEW Here is Your Life.

Victoria

Reaction score
Xerus said:
My favorite was one where Guy Smiley goes on vacation to the jungle to take some pictures of the animals. But his guide tells him to talk quietly for he'll scare all the animals away. But Guy could not keep quiet at all and ends up scaring away animals like a rabbit and a monkey before he could take their pictures. Then he started talking loud to a tiger causing the guide to run away. But the tiger turned out to be a big Guy Smiley fan and wanted to take a picture of him.

OMG, that was a flood of memories! I loved that! :smile:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
My favorite was actually a Cookie Monster sketch where he came into a baker's looking for something that rhymes with "buy" and is delicious. After eating the letter 'I' in the sign and the baker's tie, Guy Smiley walks in, repeatedly saying he wants to "buy a pie". Suddenly Cookie realizes what rhymes with "buy" and is delicious, it's "Guy". He then chases Guy around the bakery trying to eat him

Censored

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
My favorite was actually a Cookie Monster sketch where he came into a baker's looking for something that rhymes with "buy" and is delicious. After eating the letter 'I' in the sign and the baker's tie, Guy Smiley walks in, repeatedly saying he wants to "buy a pie". Suddenly Cookie realizes what rhymes with "buy" and is delicious, it's "Guy". He then chases Guy around the bakery trying to eat him
Yeah, that one was pretty hilarious. :smile:

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Some Guy Smiley moments I loved were...

Beat The Time With Cookie Monster-
Use to be scared of it as a kid because Frazzle was in it(I think that was Frazzle's 1st appearance).

Here Is Your Life With A OakTree-
With Granny Fanny, probably the only time I saw her speak.

There was a funny game show I remember hosted by Guy, and the contestants were actually Cookie Monster, Don Music, and Sherlock Hemlock, I remember I think it was 'Say The Word', which was exit. And they had blindfolds on them, than at the end they all just left through the exit. I remember that Don Music was getting real frustrated about something in the skit too.

I also remember something where Guy was at some kind of pagent and crowns the Letter E(I think E), with other letters watching.

Soul H

Reaction score
The game with Cookie Monster, Don Music and Sherlock Hemlock was Mystery Guest, not Say The Word.

SesameStreetGuy said:
Some Guy Smiley moments I loved were...

Beat The Time With Cookie Monster-
Use to be scared of it as a kid because Frazzle was in it(I think that was Frazzle's 1st appearance).

Here Is Your Life With A OakTree-
With Granny Fanny, probably the only time I saw her speak.

There was a funny game show I remember hosted by Guy, and the contestants were actually Cookie Monster, Don Music, and Sherlock Hemlock, I remember I think it was 'Say The Word', which was exit. And they had blindfolds on them, than at the end they all just left through the exit. I remember that Don Music was getting real frustrated about something in the skit too.

I also remember something where Guy was at some kind of pagent and crowns the Letter E(I think E), with other letters watching.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
My favorite Guy Smiley sketch was probably "What's Prairie's Problem?" I don't remember finding it funny when I was younger, but now I like it much more.

~Dana~

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah I vote for the "Beat the Time" one. When Guy Smiley says to Cookie Monster, "On your mark, get set, Go! " and the clock starts ticking, Cookie monster just stands there and says nonchalantly, "When do me start?". It is so hilarious when Guy screams, "You start now!!! GO GO GO GO!!!" and Cookie goes, " OH OH!! "
The bakery shop one was probably my next fave Guy Smiley moment. Loved when Cookie said, "Wait, me know what rhymes with buy and is in bakery and is delicious" and Guy turns puzzled to the audience and says, "What's he talking about?' Then of course Cookie chasing Guy and trying to munch on him was a riot.
An extremely funny moment to me involved a News Flash skit where it was Prince Charming instead of Guy Smiley ( but similar look and voice). He was going to rescue Rapunzel and Kermit asks him, "Would you mind sharing with us how you plan to rescue her?" He says, "Yes"(sounded kind of like Yesh!).
Kermit says, "Oh you DO mind?" He says, "Yes." Kermit says, " So you're not going to tell us?" And he says, "No way!"