1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 3, 2003.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Isn't that Casey Kasem's job? Lol. Actually, I liked the recent improvements. They're now saying which album or show each song is from. That's a real good idea, because sometimes when I hear a song I don't know, I wonder where it came from. Keep up the good work.
  2. Daffyfan2003

Another suggestion would be to list the year each of the songs came out. For example, today I heard Grover sing, "Whistle a Happy Tune," and it sounded like Eric Jacobson doing his voice, which is possible depending on how old the song is. It would help to know these things.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well actually I am about to smash my Muppet Central radio up because it is playing about three seconds of songs I havn't heard before and just when I think this is a good song it stops for about ten minutes.

I have so far missed:

Something about friends that Gonzo was singing

A Hoop Who's Moody

Ermie and the Ukalalie

Away to Rio

Country Garden

And various others I can't remember now!!!

And I am just missing She'll be coming round the Mountain (and I have wanted to hear that since last time I heard half of it about a month or two ago!!!)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I guess that the net muct be a bit busy now and I think I'll turn it off before I go mad!!!

But this is a great idea, the radio. I rarely listen to it though as it drives me mad skipping from song to song.
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i get that a lot of the time, i think it's only like American nightime hours that play properly. So it's not just me in the UK with this then ..... hmm !
  5. Daffyfan2003

Strangely MC Radio is the only thing that's working right on my computer. Maybe we should trade, Beau. Lol.
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Live365 reportedly is having some technical glitches today which may be contributing to some of the issues you guys are having.

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming support as phase 1 of the updates have been rolled out.

Please continue to give us your feedback as you listen.
  7. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

I've had no problems at all and MC Radio plays just as smoothly as it ever has on my 1.5Mbit line.
  8. Phil, I have a couple o' questions:

1) Do we see any results from our ratings of the tracks?

2) Will tracks with enough thumbs down get "booted"?

3) What's the "wishlist", how does that work?

Thanks

:)
  9. Phillip

1) Do we see any results from our ratings of the tracks?

You don't see an "overall" view of the all the track ratings. These are on record though.

To rate a track a listener must be registered and logged in. Our system only allows one vote per track for each registered member.

2) Will tracks with enough thumbs down get "booted"?

Yes, if a track had a very high number of thumbs down, I would consider removing it. The tracks that are rated the highest in the future will play more frequently.

3) What's the "wishlist", how does that work?

You may add tracks to your Wishlist by clicking the icon wherever you see it on the Live365 website. It appears on the Player Window, beside each track that is playing. You may then go to your Wishlist page to refer to the song, get more info, search, or purchase.

You can view your wishlist and other Live365 account settings here...

http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?genre=Presets
  10. 'k, thanks for the answers. :)
  11. Beauregard

If only we COULD buy the tracks in the wishlist!!!:p
  12. Daffyfan2003

Thanks for recommending that Phil. That might answer my previous question about how old each of the songs are.
  13. Phillip

Yeah, if you have a question about a particular song, save it to your wishlist so that you can go back and provide the info when you post about it.
  14. Daffyfan2003

I haven't found it. Maybe I clicked on the wrong thing. I usually click "Buy" to find the albums, but a lot of those aren't found anywhere. I think I'm looking in the wrong place. I'll have to try again. :confused:
  15. Phillip

What exactly are you looking for? The year of each song is currently not displayed. If Live365 offers this feature in the future, I will consider adding this.

You can view your wishlist and other Live365 account settings here...

http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/dire...i?genre=Presets
  16. Beauregard

Well, mine seems to be working fairly well this morning, but it is eirly(ish) still so not many people will be on even in England.
  17. Daffyfan2003

Actually, I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I just wanted to find out how to do it. And again, as I mentioned before I was wondering how old Grover's "Whenever I am Afraid" song was. That does sound more like Eric's Grover than Frank's, so it's probably pretty recent.
  18. Phillip

"I Whistle A Happy Tune" (ie "Whenever I Feel Afraid") is from an early Sesame Street episode. It was shown on Noggin during the 1970 season.
  19. PinkTribeChick

PinkTribeChick New Member

Just wanted to say that the radio upgrades so far are awesome! It's nice being able to see what album each of the songs comes from - rather than just song title and artist name. :)
  20. Phillip

Glad you are enjoying the updates. Phase 2 will be rolled out later this month.