1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: 2007 MDA Telethon with the Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

As was announced earlier, the Muppets and Bear will be appearing once again this year on the Jerry Lewis MDA annual telethon to raise money and awareness for Muscular Dystrophy. This telethon begins in about an hour in many markets across the country and will continue until late Monday afternoon. Check your local listings for times and channel. WGN will be airing the telethon nationally.

As is usually the case the exact times of the Muppet and Bear appearances haven’t been announced, but in the past Johnny and Sal have appeared in the early morning hours between 5-7 am eastern and Kermit around 11 am-1 pm eastern. Bear typically is on around 10-12 am eastern. Obviously these are just general guidelines as this year could be totally different, especially if the Muppets are guest hosting for an extended period of time. Your best bet is to set your DVR or VCR to record as much as possible in hopes of catching the Muppets.

After you see one of their appearances or if a teaser of the Muppets appears on the show post here in this thread so that everyone can have a heads up who is browsing the boards.
  2. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

cool so no official times or whos going to be on yet?
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Nope, all we know is that the Muppets are confirmed guests and that's it.
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

After about 8 years of Phil posting about it this is the first year i am actually watching it, i have managed to get a live feed from the USA. Trouble is its 4am and they haven't been on yet, need to sleep, lol. I hope someone puts it on Youtube! Its a good show though, over here they only ever do telethons for a few hours, don't think they could manage 20+. Nice to see the Muppets supporting this, and Ed Mcmahon still around, just!

Johnny & Sal's pic did flash up at the start!
  5. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I'm watching the Telethon right now. I'm not sure what Muppet Characters we will be seeing on the Telethon this year. I don't know if it will be Johnny & Sal again or maybe Kermit and some other Muppets. Whoever it will be it's still gonna be cool! :)
  6. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I just hope it's not the same clip of Johnny & Sal co-hosting with Tom Bergeron, then singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" that they reused last year
  7. ploobis

"IT"S PEPE & RIZZO!" "AWESOME!
  8. ploobis

"ATTENTION!"

A few minutes ago I saw Pepe & Rizzo with Jerry Lewis on the Telethon! It was funny, Pepe & Rizzo tried to imitate Jerry Lewis! They also said that they will be back and help host the telethon all night! :)

Just giving you all a heads up! :rolleyes:
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Pepe...and...Rizzo....YES!

I hope people can get clips onto YouTube! (Thanks for the live-feed link, btw, Luke, but I kanne get it to work.)
  10. ploobis

This is awesome!

Pepe took a long time to introduce the next act because of his accent! :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

Muppets still on now - PEPE IN HIS TUTU! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I'm angry now i went to sleep and missed half of it! :rolleyes:
  12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Hmmmm. Did I already miss it or will they be on later? Well, I have to work today anyway, so hopefully somebody could post a 'You Tube' clip of that. It's good that Pepe's back in the picture anyway. I'm worried that with Abby getting popular now, Pepe might have been forgotten. Lol.
  13. Smiles

Smiles New Member

:( I stayed up 'till 3 'o clock than fell asleep. So I guess I missed it then... oh well, I hope someone posts something online.
  14. travellingpat

so what time did they start and stop?
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

They stopped about 2 and a half hours ago. Not sure whether there will be more as i didn't see Johnny and Sal, but might have just missed em. Rizzo and Pepe were hosting with a guy called Tom. They were in Tuxes, and at one point they were introducing a dance type act and Pepe came on in the tutu. The host later said the Muppets had gone now as they can only work so many hours what with the felt union.
  16. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

figures i miss the muppets...and i saw bear this morning...cute as always but those kids obviously had no clue who he was..sad really.
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

You can't expect most kids to know who Bear is. He hasn't been on weekday television in several years. There were rumors of Bear in the Big Blue House coming to PBS but that may have fell through. You would think Disney could find a home for the show somewhere.
  18. travellingpat

Alright cool, so i think i got it all on tape......i doubt brians there otherwise they would have just had johnny and sal do it instead of pepe and rizzo
  19. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

They don't know who is bear?
    BEAR?
    The adorable guy that sniffs you before saying "You smell nice!"
    AWWW!

D: DANG!

That is like saying Kermit is blue!
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

Can you (or anybody reading) get it up onto Youtube? It would be cool if someone could.