Your Thoughts: A Special Sesame Street Christmas DVD and CD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"A Special Sesame Street Christmas" arrives on DVD and CD this Tuesday November 6. Read our review of the anticipated release. Check it out and let us know your thoughts.

Since many of us will be getting "A Special Sesame Street Christmas", we'd like to mention that if you order the DVD from Amazon using this link that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly and help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD or CD. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through links on our site.

If you plan to buy "A Special Sesame Street Christmas", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That was a good review. I had no idea this was going to have bonus features (even if the bonuses aren't much, considering they're also on the CD release).

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I preordered the DVD from a local DVD shop about a week ago. Sadly, though, it hasn't shipped yet, so it looks like I might be waiting a little longer for my copy.

Nevertheless, when I do get this thing, I'll post here again with my thoughts.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I preordered the DVD from a local DVD shop about a week ago. Sadly, though, it hasn't shipped yet, so it looks like I might be waiting a little longer for my copy.
Okay, it's just shipped - I should have it any day now... Oh boy? :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I haven't found any copies of this today. In fact I went through five stores (including two different Wal-Marts) before I could find Old School: Volume 3.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I haven't found any copies of this today. In fact I went through five stores (including two different Wal-Marts) before I could find Old School: Volume 3.
I went to my local Wal-Mart today (to get Barney: Let's Go to the Doctor, which was released today - I also picked up the original Miracle on 34th Street on DVD for $5 and the Blu-Ray of the 1966 animated Grinch for $9) and while they didn't have any copies of A Special Sesame Street Christmas (No big shocker there), they had many copies of Old School Vol. 3.

They had a few copies of the new Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-Ray (the Blu-Ray/Digital Copy version) but they were pretty well tucked away.

I pre-ordered A Speical Sesame Street Christmas from Chapters, as I've stated above, and it should be at the store any day now for me to pick up. Umm... goodie? :embarrassed:

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
STORYTIME WITH SUPERGODZILLA12!

I would like to title this post A Tragic Sesame Street Christmas!

My copy of A Special Sesame Street Christmas arrived today, along with Barney's Christmas album Happy Holidays, Love Barney, at Chapters. I went to pick them up.

They sent me the version that comes with the soundtrack - A nice little surprise.

I take a look at the cover art on the DVD, and... good grief... You have no idea how absolutely cheap it looks! Seriously, compared to the actual product, the digital image is the most beautiful piece of art to ever grace the planet Earth. There are also three critic quotes on the back - I can't remember them all, but two of them came from DVD websites you've never ever heard of. One was simply a star rating; If I recall correctly, that was the only one that had an actual name attached to it.

I also notice that there is a fairly large tear in the back cover of the artwork, with the shrink wrap left fine.

So I get to the car, and open it up right away - Immediately, the horrible smell of cheap plastic and printer ink strikes my nostrils! Absolutely terrible! It smelt just like a cheap DVD of some crappy public domain movie that you can get at the dollar store.

Right when I get the shrink wrap off, the outer plastic (that holds the artwork) starts to peel off, around where the tear was. Then I open up the actual case, and while the DVD was fine, the CD had a HUGE crack in it that almost touched the centre of the disc!

I have concluded that the guardians of the universe do not want me to own this special, let alone make a video review of it for my Christmas special!

Thankfully, Chapters not only refunded me completely, but also ordered a complimentary copy for me! Now I don't have to tell people that I paid $25 for this tragic special.

I'm telling you, it's a darn good thing I got that Barney CD... :stick_out_tongue:

So anyway, I'm going to start work on the review using that taped-from-TV copy that was on YouTube for a while (I downloaded it while it was still up), and I'll start editing when I get the actual DVD. Hopefully, this doesn't happen again, because the idea I have for the review requires me to have the actual DVD.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
cant wait for ur review
Thanks for the encouragment! :smile:

I'm aiming for a mid-December release, but I'm not sure if that'll be possible, seeing how they have to ship me a new DVD, which probably won't be in my hands for another two weeks. Still, it'll be up before Christmastime, and I'll post here with the video when it's ready.

I guess I'll be doing all of the writing with that YouTube copy. Here's hoping that nothing's different on the DVD version...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
That was a terrific story, I'm so deeply moved from having read that. :cry: It has made me a better person and confirms the fact that I do not want this DVD in my collection. This is Oprah's Book Club material.