Your Thoughts: Christmas at Muppet Central

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Phil... Did some research, the version of "It's In Every One Of Us" that's been playing on MCR—the version that's not sung by John Denver at the end of the story of Alfie the Christmas Tree—which has a couple verses of added lyrics was a version sung/recorded by Dennis DeYoung from the album 10 On Broadway (1994) so you can label it accordingly.
Also, not sure if it's marked, but is the instrumental version of the same song from the score for the movie Big?

Hope this helps. :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ed,

Actually the original version of "It's in Everyone of Us" was recorded by David Pomeranz in 1975. Many other artists including John Denver, Dennis DeYoung, Clay Aiken, among others have recorded covers of the song. We've also been playing the instrumental version from the "Big" soundtrack. All of the tracks should be labeled correctly.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Phil. Should have explained that I listen to MCR solely through the RadioTerra link, and it does not provide a tracklisting of what song is currently playing, nor the source the song is from. If I want to know the title or the source, I have to refresh the forum's main page, then go down through the menus to find the "Now Playing" heading. Most times it will display the song title and only an added graphic of the album or source it comes from... Other times, and I don't really know why, it will also state who has been credited with singing the song in question. But there are some times, such as when the version of "It's In Every One Of Us" by Dennis DeYoung or "When The River Meets The Sea" from the Jim Henson Memorial, that there is no source whatsoever saying where the song comes from.

Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Noticed that MCR's returned back to normal today... Also enjoying the New Year's additions especially the cuts from Sesame Street Stays Up Late, that special has a special place in my memories alongside Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.