Your Thoughts: Christmas in Rockefeller Center

Frogster

Reaction score
Nothing was said about them being married. There were no pig jokes. No frog jokes. No green jokes. How the HECK can the special be nominated for an Emmy if it hasn't aired yet? They DIDN'T plug it, they MENTIONED it! There were no green jokes, and no gift jokes. They talked about how Kermit was jealous of Piggy's drooling over Harry Conick, Jr.

I suggest you actually give the new material a chance before you beat it to a pulp, Frogster. Not everything is bad--and at this stage in the Muppet world, nothing is. Watch it and you'll figure that out for yourself. :grouchy: Here, so you can watch for yourself, Frogster:
http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_...eo/clips/muppets-christmas-north-pole/861542/
http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/Happy_Holidays/video/clips/muppets-exclusive-behind-the-scenes/861522/
Okay, while I was a lil jumpy on what I thought they were gonna talk about, I must admit, I was pretty impressed with that clip on nbc.com, especially the bit with all the guys coming into that lil girl's house... everyone was heard! I especially loved Lew Zealand's line, "Merry Christmas... it's fishes!" Okay, I'm gonna watch it, and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it. Hopefully there's more moments like that in the film.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Some thoughts.
1 J13, check the post by theprawncracker above yours, there's a link there to see Kermit and Piggy's appearance. :smile:
2 Some of the performances I liked. Tony Bennett was cool as always, his new Christmas CD is on my checklist, it'll be a perfect present for Johnny Fiama. Miley Sirus, if it weren't for her mega overexposure hype, I'd actually kinda like her as a recording star. She comes across as a little glam country, I liked her rendition of Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, considering that song is a classic for another recording star who preceeded her who had a similar singing style—Brenda Lee.
3 Kermit and Piggy's appearance itself... It was okay. Piggy got in a smarky shot at Kermit claiming he was jealous over her drooling over Harry Connick Jr., who hadn't been included in Letters To Santa. But rully, I felt it accentuated the problem I have with the frog and pig's relationship. PM me if you want to know my stance on that, I feel it'd be better for private talk.
BTW: After the Muppets' appearance I switched over to CBS to keep watching Rudolph the Reindeer. Never seen that one before, my memories are only of Jack Frost and Happy New Year Rudolph!

That's all I got.
Oh, and Stephen Colbert's appearance made me laugh as Al Roeker picked up on a line Colbert delivered in his show earlier in the week. You have to have seen it to get the injoke.

muppetmia

Reaction score
i thought that miss piggy and kermit were adorable! they were funny, totally in character, looked great, and displayed great chemistry.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i stopped watching after kermit and piggy appeared i liked that part the best, who thinks gonzo and rizzo should have sang there version of It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year:shifty::concern:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Short and sweet, a little too short. I thought to myself it seemed like a lot of work to be on screen for such a short time. Of course the fan in me wants the whole special to be nothing but the Muppets, but Jane Krakowski's introduction of Kermit and Piggy was almost as long as their actual appearance! I hope the network at least put Steve and Eric up in a nice hotel.

ermo49

Reaction score
Very sad

:halo: All you muppet fans based in the USA are sooo lucky! You get to watch them live or at least the links work...I don't know if it is my laptop or whatever, the links didn't work. It is so darn hard to be muppet fan over in Melbourne, Australia :stick_out_tongue: The only 'satisfaction' I get is reading this forum. But each time I read it, I feel so sad... because Henson's work ain't big over here. I just have to be satisfied with what ever is available on YouTube and buying the DVDs...

:frown: