1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock The Animated Series DVD

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Jan 19, 2010.

1. GonzoLeaper Active Member

I'd also love to see the rest of the ALF cartoons on DVD. I've got both the discs already released.
    I don't remember the Uncle Matt segments as much- but then I haven't seen the Fraggle Rock cartoon in quite a long while...what about the individual DVD releases of live action Fraggle Rock episodes? They had a few episodes of the cartoon on them- did those include these Uncle Travelling Matt segments? (I assume these are live action scenes we're talking about?):smirk::busy::coy:
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

No... which makes me wonder if they had them on different masters and they just didn't realize anything was missing.
  3. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I bought the set today, and one thing that I didn't know... Maybe I read it and forgot/missed it... But it's like the early single-disc Fraggle Rock sets... The opening and closing only appear once on the discs? Complete sets should have their openings and closings pone very episode.
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think they do show the whole openings when played individually. There are episodes that have an A & B segment that doesn't roll the credits in between, but that's the way it aired. However, I've never pushed the "play all" button so maybe the openings are cut under those circumstances.
  5. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I pushed the "play all" button only so far (I didn't watch all of disc 1 yet), and I've gone through two and a half half-hours so far. The first episode on the set is a full half-hour episode.
  6. frogboy4 Inactive Member

That is kind of weird. If you click by episode they'll play the openings each time. I suppose it references the same file.
  7. bazooka_beak Active Member

I just got the DVD at Best Buy, but my lazy butt hasn't watched it yet.
  8. dwmckim Well-Known Member

You get the whole episode with opening & closing credits when you play an individual episode. Watching them via Play All removes the themes between episodes...maybe to (a) keep someone from getting sick of the theme and (b) to save the viewer doing marathon watching some time.
  9. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I thought maybe they were trying to save disc time/space. I usually enjoy watching the opening and closing theme on TV shows.
  10. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Definitely B. There are times when I'm busy doing something or I lose the remote, or just wanna watch a whole bunch of episodes in order and I find myself skipping the openings and closings to save time.
  11. Foolsby New Member

The bonus feature in the recently-released Animated Fraggle Rock DVD had a real-life photograph of Michael K. Frith holding a doozer and standing in front of a 15-foot "actual size" Junior Gorg puppet. It does not look like the body-suit gorg puppets, which were only 7 feet tall. Any insights into when/how/why this puppet was created, or am I being deceived by mid-'80s Photoshop trickery?
  12. GonzoLeaper Active Member

One thing I've noticed in watching the Fraggle Rock cartoon series is some of the totally random cameos in the series. Beyond just having appearances from secondary characters from the live action show- which is definitely cool- there's even other characters on here, it seems.
    Obviously we get to see Doc and Sprocket starting out the episodes as usual- (and I've noticed that Doc is generally portrayed from the waist down or so- we never see his face, much like with Nanny on "Muppet Babies".)
    And we do get to see Uncle Travelling Matt interact with Silly Creatures in Outer Space via the postcards Gobo reads as well. And the Doozers and Gorgs are all there and there's at least a couple of visits to Marjory, the Trash Heap with Philo and Gunge there to serve her. And I also really like that they incorporate many songs on the show, most of which I'm thinking are taken from the live action show. (I can't tell if there are any original songs made for the cartoon or not- but I enjoy hearing all of the music on there just the same. "Let Me Be Your Song" and "Follow Me" are two of my favorites and they are featured on there.
    And Cantus shows up in an episode and so does Convincing John. There's also the Storyteller, the World's Oldest Fraggle and his assistant Henchy (they show up a couple of times) and the Pipe Bangers.
    Particularly in "Red's Drippy Dilemma/Fraggle Babble"- Big V shows up!:excited::batty: That's just cool.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Big_V
    And there's also some guy who randomly shows up and grabs up bugs and butterflies as they go by in the background of the show. I don't know who he is supposed to be, but it's always hilarious when he just shows up at random and runs by.:D
  13. muppet_dk Active Member

EDIT: Wrong thread :)
  14. Collgoff Well-Known Member

I have a DVD of Fraggle rock the animated Series last year and I do like both The Live action one and the animated one.