Your Thoughts: HBO Max streaming service officially launches

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I sure hope they add the Season 13 Snow Day episodes someday, in addition to the two episodes leading up to it (Episodes 1615 and 1616).

I also learned that ten episodes from Season 36 were removed last month. Are there any other episodes removed from HBO Max recently?

Still nothing from Season 34. Why is Season 34 being ignored?

ssetta

Reaction score
I’m glad HBO Max added new episodes, but I have to say the editors did a terrible job. First of all, I noticed a lot of segments were cut that I can’t understand why they would be, like “small k - kiss” and “Bert’s Bust.” What’s wrong with those sketches? But also what really bothers me is that on some of the episodes, they replaced the entire last street scene with the one from the Friday episode after it, and not just the CTW announcement/credits. I really don’t know what they were thinking when doing that. I think the way they did it on the original classic HBO classic episodes was better.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I also learned that ten episodes from Season 36 were removed last month. Are there any other episodes removed from HBO Max recently?
About that…
Also, the Muppet Wiki says 10 episodes of season 36 were removed from HBO Max in November. It’s true they’re not accessible from the show’s page on the service, but when I search for them, I can find and watch them no problem. They’re pretty much the equivalent of an unlisted YouTube video.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My only guess with edits is possibly negotiation issues (like animators with the kiss cartoon) and music rights issues (with the music cue at the end of the Bert skit), but that would also feel pretty silly since it’s literally just like five seconds or so, and we also (surprisingly) have “Fat Cat” (another Raposo song) intact. Frankly this is why I’m not big on commercial releases these days because there’s always bound to be one episode edited one way or another (some I can understand like negotiation deals with song covers or different music estates and animator estates or celebs involved, controversial or not, cough cough Bill Cosby), but other edits it’s just like “um, okay? Why was this even taken out?”

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Some episodes even have segments removed that are kept intact in other episodes. What sense does that make?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
🤷🏿‍♂️ Again this is why I often just prefer cheap, logo-infested **** poor quality YouTube uploads affected by COPPA.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I mean does it really matter with certain edits, I mean some segments getting cut happen all the time.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The issue is when certain segments just seem to get cut for absolutely no reason whatsoever..... for instance, the Dialing for Prizes edit in 666 on Old School Volume 2 actually felt very random and kind of forced. Like what exactly caused it to be removed there? The only thing I could think of is the black and white footage possibly being unlicensed copyrighted footage, but that would seem ridiculous since it was only about 8–10 seconds at that, and if I’m being honest, it looks like just some random public domain footage pulled out of a hat.

There’s also an instance with 536 on Old School Volume 1 - I get with the instance of the Stevie Wonder song being an issue for copyright clearance, but using another episode with completely different sponsors? Come on.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't recall where I originally heard this, but I think the "nose/body part removal gag" is considered "dismemberment" and the newer research folks think it might be inappropriate for today's youth.