Your Thoughts: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas

Luke

Reaction score
Pepe went from LJS on a licensing technicality - as far as i'm aware it was nothing to do with that character.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't think the issue had anything to do with the puppet. That's crazy talk.:confused:

beaker

Reaction score
Wow. You know, perhaps in the balance of the universe we always need at least one Muppet hater on here. It always happens...deadpuppeteer, Patty E, Special Ed, Spiderman, Smallville, etc. Kind of the yin and yang to balance out the staunch harcore pro Muppet sentiments by me, Luke, Jamie, etc.

And about spelling...I doubt any of us are safe from misspellings. When you type fast, trying to mirror your thoughts with typed words it happens. Though there is a difference between a few misspelled words and "I JuS hav To sy EHT MuPPErS RuLE and I jUST wANt To see Thm get Bkac to beiNG pOp[ulaTR and werll you know thRest!"

Finally, that Pepe comment ol' Toady. You do know Pepe is probably the biggest breakthrough characters in years right?

I just thought of something...Frogboy....Toad? Its like your karmic opposite Jamie! LOL

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
That's crazy talk.:confused:
yes! what's so repulsive about him?!?!?! without pepe i doubt MFS and IAVMMCM would have gotten their 'edgy' sense (which every purist loves...i think) animal is good for some things but his vocab is limited! (though i did love that part in MFS) and gonzo abandoning kermit for a hot banker??? never! pepe is that muppet that strays from the norm of most muppets...i doubt that made any sense!

Sarah

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I don't think Pepe is discusting, he's not a spider, he's better looking then a real live lobster that would be later cooked and severed at a Red Lobster or sea food resturant. He's a muppet. but he an't better tasting;-)

I still don't understand what happend with the whole LJS thing?' Pepe's page is still on the site right? it seemed like a big thing only getting bigger then popped like a balloon.

Zack)Rowlf the, i love lobster,Dog.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Though there is a difference between a few misspelled words and "I JuS hav To sy EHT MuPPErS RuLE and I jUST wANt To see Thm get Bkac to beiNG pOp[ulaTR and werll you know thRest!"
U forgt 2 add cutsy spelling. Plz. R u going crazy?

:big_grin:

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Pepe went from LJS on a licensing technicality - as far as i'm aware it was nothing to do with that character.
And what technicality was that? Come on - if Taco Bell dumped its talking chihuahua because as popular as it was, it wasn't selling tacos, then it only makes sense that LJS dumped the prawn puppet for much the same reason - and no way did Pepe ever come close to the chihuahua's appeal. It's the Bad Andy story all over again.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

Finally, that Pepe comment ol' Toady. You do know Pepe is probably the biggest breakthrough characters in years right?
What, you mean "breakout character" like Bart Simpson? Riiiiighht. If you say so. But he didn't exactly do "Muppets Tonight" a lot of good, did he? Unlike what a certain pig puppet did for "The Muppet Show".... :wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
sorry you had a bad experience with the prawn....i personally love him! and he made it easier for my friends to get into the muppets, his character is a tad more modern! and if the fanbase grows that's a good thing...you should think of it that way....although i still don't understand!

Sarah

that was my serious post for the day!!!!!