Your Thoughts: It's Hard Out Here for a Shrimp

Telly

Reaction score
One of my friends told me I can't buy anything small for myself until after Christmas. I think this is one of the things he's going to get me for Christmas.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I enjoyed the book allot and laughed out loud quite a few times, and really want to see Pepe's family now!
The only think I would have liked is if they used real images of Pepe and not just some drawings, it bothers me when Disney does that with the Muppets.
It's one of the reasons I haven't bought allot of Muppet Shirts, I want photos of muppets not cartoons.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I can agree and disagree with you about the drwaings. I think they kind of make the book kiddy, and I would love to see some new pics of the Muppets. At the same time i think it fits well in the book to some extent.

I really love the book by the way and can't wait for Piggiy's

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I just purchased the book tonight and surprisingly wasn't embarassed when I told the guy at B&N that I was looking for a book written by a Muppet:smile: Because when I bought "Look Before Your Leap" it wasn't such a happy experience...anyway....

I LOVED the book! I thought it was too short but then again, I can't ever get enough of Pepe. I did like the drawings of him though I really would've enjoyed seeing photos of him....and is it me or is the cover photo just a reused photo we always see of him?

Well, no matter. There were several laugh out loud parts and just entertaining reading. My sister read a bit of it and "demanded" that I leave it with her when I was finished so she could read it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hmm... Maybe Pepe could get his own cartoon series or something based on this book Just a thought. *ducks* :eek:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I just purchased the book tonight and surprisingly wasn't embarassed when I told the guy at B&N that I was looking for a book written by a Muppet:smile: Because when I bought "Look Before Your Leap" it wasn't such a happy experience...anyway....

I LOVED the book! I thought it was too short but then again, I can't ever get enough of Pepe. I did like the drawings of him though I really would've enjoyed seeing photos of him....and is it me or is the cover photo just a reused photo we always see of him?

Well, no matter. There were several laugh out loud parts and just entertaining reading. My sister read a bit of it and "demanded" that I leave it with her when I was finished so she could read it.
At times i have also found myself enbaressed when buying something from the Muppets. Not anymore though, cause I look at it like this. I could be buying something really bad like drugs or something like that, insted I love the Muppets. If some cashier or sales person has a problem with that, then they don't have the same kind of joy that I do. Because thats what the Muppets do, bring joy.

I also can't believe that over on the Muppet Newsflash they have a poll asking if you liked the book and most people have not read it. Not good people if we want the Muppets to contiue to do as well as they have been, We need to show them suport by buying the book.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Very valid point, Dwayne! Next time I shall hold my head up high when purchasing Piggy's book:smile: