1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: "Jim Henson: The Biography" by Brian Jay Jones

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

TMS still had a plot, some episodes had more than others, but writing still had to me done along with the sketches, and most of the musical numbers had interactions, but I doubt Jim had much to do with the writing.

2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I know TMS still had a plot, but the songs and sketches tended to be more important, without much need for backstage story development (if they couldn't think of a long enough plot, they can just fill it with unrelated sketches).

But Jim Henson was credited as a writer on TMS, so he would have had a lot to do with the writing. He wasn't credited as a writer on The Jim Henson Hour, though. Of course, both shows were variety shows, and yet it seemed harder for them to develop the MuppeTelevision segments (but it seems like those shows had a little more plot... Unlike on TMS, we never got multiple back-to-back segments without getting a scene at Muppet Central in-between).