1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Jim Henson's Musical World at Carnegie Hall

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Vic Romano Active Member

Bad as in both, but the sound is even worse than the video. My camera picks up way too much ambient noise. :(

I was waiting out front with my family about 10 feet from you. Not to repost for repostings sake, but this is me:

2. panmanthe2nd Active Member

I would like to see any video you have, even if it's really awful.
  3. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Oh MAN!! I sooooooo wish I woulda just gone to this, lol. I'd kept telling myself "it's gotta have Muppets if all those performers are gonna be there", but the fact that Steve wasn't ever listed to attend continued to put me off. DANG!! Dave, I've wanted to work on a Muppet art-collaboration with you since you put together that awesome MC People n Pals project. Woulda been cool to hang out and talk/draw Muppets. :super:

Ah well, maybe next time. :sigh: Hopefully they'll realize how many people want this to happen again... and do it! Ha ha. Cheers!
    :)
    Anthony
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  4. beaker Well-Known Member

oh whoah! i just watched this video. Since my family couldnt make it, I made a dvdr with all the fan filmed footage and blogs relating to the Carnegie performance.

I wish people on here woulda had a 'post your mug' before hand thread
  5. panmanthe2nd Active Member

I hope so.

For us UK fans I hope one day they do a show like this one in the UK.
  6. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I don't see why they don't do one in Baltimore. Which is where I live. I mean come on Jim Henson did go to college here! :/
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  7. Squigiman Active Member

Hey Folks,
    After seeing that people had openly posted videos from this event, despite the attitude/policy against making such recordings at it, I decided I'd share the wealth of what I have. Upon first looking at the footage, I saw that most of it was a REALLY GOOD VIEW...

...of the ceiling. In my attempts to try to be inconspicuous, keeping my camera low, but angled up, I overshot it, not keeping an eye on the screen that shows the view, which would make it too obvious. I only got a quick look at Rowlf in a part of his intro, a brief glimpse of some S&W heckling, and a tad bit of the Mayhem playing the theme in the beginning medley.

I guess it might be good for audio's sake, though there's definitely some "WOO!"ing on my part, and maybe some singing along. If enough people are really still interested, maybe I can make a montage with pics or something, though I've never attempted such a YouTube cliche before. Let me know. See ya!

-Squigiman
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  8. Nasubionna Active Member

Oh man, I am insanely jealous of everyone who got to go, but so thankful to the folks who've posted reviews, videos and pictures! I would have absolutely lost my mind (in the best way possible) if I could have gone to this thing, and seen live Muppets and have a chance to meet Muppet performers/Sesame Street people (especially Steve Whitmire and Jerry Nelson, UGH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH).
    I've been obsessively watching the video where you can really see over the black curtains at Steve and Eric performing Kermit and Fozzie - I LOVE watching the Muppeteers at work! And also obsessively watching the "Movin' Right Along" portion of the Muppet medley. It's my favorite Muppet song and one of my favorite movie moments ever, and seeing/hearing it played tribute to seriously gives me the shivers. What a beautiful event!!! I'm so glad that the various companies who own the various properties were able to come together to let this happen, and I hope it will happen more often!
    Borples and panmanthe2nd like this.
  9. panmanthe2nd Active Member

I would REALLY like to see/hear all the video you have even if you don't do a montage.

PLEASE put it on YouTube! Thank you.
  10. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if Disney or Sesame Workshop put a limit on the amount of characters that could be included. Though almost all the important Muppet Show characters were there, it does seem a little odd that only four Sesame Street Muppets would have.
  11. Borples Active Member

Would you happen to have audio of the Fraggles' part? If so, I would love, love, love to hear it! Actually, I'd love to see/hear anything you have. Those of us who weren't there are kind of desperate, you understand. :)
  12. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

We even have a statue of him and Kermit right outside the student union on the campus that he went to here. Surely that calls for some kind of big event here in Maryland! :p
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  13. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Nasubionna likes this.
  14. ME TOO ME TOO lol!!!! I hope they do some kind of epic Fraggleriffic event in LA soon where I live!!!!!
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  15. PuppetKristin New Member

Izzy and I were there. It was absolutely brilliant. I had a great time (save for the mic problems which drove me, as a theatre technician, absolutely crazy.) I can now say that I saw Paul Williams sing Rainbow Connection. I may or may not have teared up...[IMG]
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  16. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I didn't attend but I saw the clip of them doing Rainbow Connection and like always I cried. d( ̄  ̄)
  17. BobbyBenson New Member

I thougt it was good, but i didnt get very good seats.
  18. Muppetgirl1 Member

I WAS their with My Nephew Miles and we saw it at 3:30 show I cried 4 times and never thought I would see the Muppets Live it made me felt proud of myself of following the Rainbow Connection all through those years I finely had my dream come true LOVE YOU MUPPETS ALWAYS THANK YOU AND I NEVER
    FORGET THAT DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fanatic::excited::super::):D;):sing::excited:
    Borples and KermieBaby47 like this.
  19. Muppetgirl1 Member

YOU ARE so LUCKY I wish I could meet them in person I wanted to do that so bad man I wish I was in your shoes then.:mad::o:rolleyes::excited::(
  20. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

All you had to do was hang by the stage door. That's how most of us got our chance to see everybody.