1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Kermit on Dancing with the Stars on October 16, 2017

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by xSunnyEclipse, Oct 16, 2017.

1. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Active Member

It looks like Kermit will be making an appearance tonight at 8/7c on ABC's Dancing with the Stars because Drew Scott and Emma Slater will be dancing to Rainbow Connection as part of the Disney Night event.

[​IMG]

There's also a small clip of Matt Vogel as Kermit backstage with the two stars and he's really improving! Check it out!

https://twitter.com/TheMuppets/status/920031507313389568

scooterfan360 and MuppetsRule like this.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Disney Night on DWTS? :skeptical:
    Hope someone picks a song from TNBC since it's October after all. :scary:

And as for the people mentioned above... Lemme use the joke from the season when Sarah Palinn's daughter was part of the cast.
    Drew Scott? Which celebrity will he be dancing with? :sleep: :boo:
    Too bad there's no Muppet icon for sarcasm. Heh heh heh.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This was a pretty good appearance. Kermit got more to do than I thought, and he wore his Jack Sparrow costume again.

4. xSunnyEclipse

Yeah it was a really nice appearance!

Kermit got to do a lot in the show, and I laughed when they turned down Kermit's vote and he was like "Tom, I thought we were friends!" and "Stop staring at my eyes."

I'm really impressed with Matt as Kermit. He's doing a really good job.

Also seeing Kermit in his Jack Sparrow costume again was adorable.

5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Here's a clip from the appearance:

I'll try to find others.

Phillip likes this.
  6. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

I thought Matt Vogel is doing well with Kermit, it's those philistine twitter users gave Matt Vogel lukewarm tweets. What is wrong with people? I mean,I know people are entitled with their own opinions, but they need to live with it and let it go.

muppetgem likes this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Can people still not get over the loss of Steve?

8. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

I don't know. It's like I'm only one that is not upset. I mean, social media is pathetic.

9. xSunnyEclipse

I think it's less about Steve and more just Kermit sounds different to them.

I remember people use to trash Steve doing Kermit all the time on social media or YouTube and he had been doing it for a long time.

That's just the internet for ya. I've moved on and accepted Matt as Kermit and think he's doing fantastic.

scooterfan360 and muppetgem like this.
  10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. I didn't know about this until before. I'll have to take a look if I ever get unbusy. GRRRRR!!

Well, I'm not that upset about it anymore. We've been told about this months ago, we've all heard Matt's Kermit and I for one thinks he does a fair job. I realize what's done is done and now it's time to move on.

11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I'm ok with it. I'll just have to get use to his voice over and over and over and over. I just hope they use more of him so that we can get use to his voice. I just hate that most of us who grew up during the time that Jim was still around we've been been through 3 voices and it's hard to get use it after so many years of so many performers but he is doing a fine job in helping our little green friend live on so I do appreciate Matt for that.

12. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Sorry to say this, I'm still not impressed, and I think Matt still needs a bit more work. I can't really say why, except for the fact that sometimes, when it comes to big changes like this, it takes me quite a bit of time to get used to these things. I'm not saying Matt is a bad Kermit, because he isn't. As I stated multiple times, I don't do well with change, but I am not going to come right out and dismiss his performance as Kermit just yet. Matter of fact, it took me awhile before I got used to Steve's Kermit, too.

BTW, who was singing "Rainbow Connection?" Ugh.

13. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Vogel hasn't really been presented with the chance to develop the character, so people are responding to the fact that it just looks and sounds like a bad Kermit impression. There's not much in the way of personality there - but again, that's because he hasn't been given a medium through which he can develop that personality.

I'm sure people felt the same way before Whitmire did a couple of movies. Some still thought it was just a bad Kermit impression, but I beg to differ.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I agree with you there. I know that when Steve did his first Kermit I wasn't use to it and then later on I did. Matt just needs more things to do so that after a while we won't care till Disney does it again or the Muppet Family rips him out of our lives and puts a new replacement in. Now I don't see Matt ever going anywhere soon but I though Steve wasn't going to be going any where soon too (yeah I know it was 27 years) but I thought we would have been seeing him up till his 80's or 90's still either voicing Kermit kinda like Jerry did with The Count but I normally stay optimistic with anything like this. So I can't wait to see what Disney does with the Muppets and hopefully a new show or them bringing back the new show with new seasons on a different network or Netflix.