Your Thoughts: Kermit on Good Morning America

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
grrr... set my darn VCR up to record it while i was at work, IT DIDNT EVEN TAPE IT!!!!!!!!! :mad: :frown: what the heck EVERY time i set my vcr to do that.. it doesnt. Can some one tape it for me, i'll $$$ for it and Kermit on Regis and Kelly tommarow too?! :confused:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Ugh, I forgot all about this!!

Sounds like it was a great appearance though. Thanks for the descripts Leyla! Yeah, Charlie Gibson is and always has been a huge Jim Henson & Muppet fan. They always have The Muppets or Sesame Street Muppets on throughout the year.

Was the lady who was flirting with Kermit named Diane Sawyer? She's one of the hosts/anchors on GMA who always tries to poke fun at Piggy.

Man, I wish I'd seen this! I'm gonna go set up my DVR for Regis right now!
:smile:
Anthony

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
"You are all weirdos!"
:attitude:
I can't believe hardly anyone saw this! Then again, I suppose the Live apearance tomorrow is really the bigger show.
I don't know, I think the Piggy comments are a good laugh, and Kermit was never above such digs in my experience. I was going to ask what the comment about Elmo was, but I guess no one caught it. Who was the guy that gave Kermit a hug? That was so sweet!
:smile:

Leyla

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Was the lady who was flirting with Kermit named Diane Sawyer? She's one of the hosts/anchors on GMA who always tries to poke fun at Piggy.
Yep! She was on Regis today and that was her. I might do up a transcript for that appearance tomorrow.

If anyone is looking for a copy of both of them... I also have the TVland appearance and KErmit on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, let me know. If you want to pay for shipping, I don't mind making a few copies.

Leyla

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree; I mean obviously in the old days, Kermit made comments about Piggy out of frustration and annoyance. But the comments were clearly out of love at the same time. He was just annoyed that she came on so strong. He never threw her to the wolfs in front of other people like he does now, as though Piggy's a pathetic stalker. Nowadays, you get the feeling Kermit doesn't even like her. It's all comes down to the writing.

At some point, around MFS and Muppet Tonight, they decided being "hip and modern" meant being snotty and cruel. I don't like it, so I don't watch it. And it hasn't brought in a ton of new fans either.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
heralde said:
He was just annoyed that she came on so strong. He never threw her to the wolfs in front of other people like he does now, as though Piggy's a pathetic stalker.
I think that part of it is that over the years piggy has evolved from a desperate star with a crush on Kermie, to a super-star diva with an obsession with Kermit. In The Muppet Show and The Muppet Movie she came off as just a girl with a big crush on Kermit; she came on a bit strong but Kermit just never thought of her that way. However she's changed. I mean her whole sub-plot of The Muppets Take Manhattan focuses on her fixation and obsession with Kermit – she stalks him, gets enraged when he even talks to another female and than tricks him into marrying her. It's kind of creepy.

But regardless, I think most of Kermit's jabs at Piggy are not ment to be mean, they just are him making a light-hearted joke about a friend/co-star (like most performers do). He's not attacking Piggy or being mean spirited.

Beauregard

Reaction score
BradFraggle said:
I think that part of it is that over the years piggy has evolved from a desperate star with a crush on Kermie, to a super-star diva with an obsession with Kermit.
While I agree in principle, I actually dissagree with you. Piggy WAS a chorus girl, yes, and Kermit was a director of a small show. Now, Kermit is a nationally recognised star who appears on TV and is adored by show-hosts, and Piggy IS a super-diva. That is exactly how she would have developed in the 'real' world at this point in her fame.

But regardless, I think most of Kermit's jabs at Piggy are not ment to be mean, they just are him making a light-hearted joke about a friend/co-star (like most performers do).
I agree. Also, it gives Piggy a presence on TV and in the national eye even though she rarley appears herself these days. If she wasn't even mentioned, people would forget about her.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I agree. Also, it gives Piggy a presence on TV and in the national eye even though she rarley appears herself these days. If she wasn't even mentioned, people would forget about her.
Of course, I don't want to see Piggy forgotten. But Kermit's character used to make light hearted jabs. The more recent jabs are mean spirited, and I don't believe that anything is better than nothing. :smile:

Still, I don't need to complain too much. The good old days are still available for viewing when we want to see them.