Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I liked it, but there were several parts I didn't agree with it being in the film.

The Jim Henson as a young boy scene
I think Statler and Waldorf were there...WAY outta their element
There was 2 other things (I think) that threw off the chronology of the Muppet's history.

Foz....Remember in the movie when Kermit & is froggy friends run in to a farm and Kermit see's a pig and he says somthing like..LOL... "I hope I never see one of them the rest of my life" (i have it on dvd):big_grin: :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppets1985
Foz....Remember in the movie when Kermit & is froggy friends run in to a farm and Kermit see's a pig and he says somthing like..LOL... "I hope I never see one of them the rest of my life" (i have it on dvd):big_grin: :wink:
Now that's FUNN-EE!!! HAA!!

:embarrassed:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
the best part is watching for references....

like the box that said Goelz Enterprise (or something like that)

a Animal key chain...

and the outtakes.....HILARIOUS!!!

You got us lost....YOU LOSER...

and my fave

my weak knees.....

oh yeah i also liked

how did i get in here?

haha

Sarah

ok so the movie isn't the best, but i liked it more than most....of course i'm a sucker for sickingly cute (unless it's elmo!)sure it wasn't the best...but i don't think it was NEAR as aweful as some people have said

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma

ok so the movie isn't the best, but i liked it more than most....of course i'm a sucker for sickingly cute (unless it's elmo!)sure it wasn't the best...but i don't think it was NEAR as aweful as some people have said
I agree totally, Sarah. It's not the best thing out there, but it ain't no Disney direct-to-video cheapquel! And, it really isn't as bad as some have made it out to be on here.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
My favorite parts were-

Kermit comes face to face with a Young Jim Henson
Middle-Aged Statler and Waldorf
And the Outtake-
Goggles:"Waitaminnit, EVERY SCENE'S A NUDE SCENE!":concern:

But I think this was supposed to take place in the mid-60's.....

WiGgY

Reaction score
The time discrepancy bugged me. It was set in a modern setting from what I remeber. And what was with the Wizard of Oz references through the whole thing? The parts with the puppets were great. The aprts with the humans were aweful. And I also didn't like the Rowlf reference. That made no sense. Were they saying that Rowlf was a real dog and got turned into a muppet? Made no sense.

wockawocka

Reaction score
I didn't think it was the best, but it was funny, and it was cute, and who couldn't like a movie with the loveable muppets in it?! I thought that the outtakes were the best part, and I really enjoyed the characters, even if I didn't really like the whole plot.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I liked it and it was a little dumb in parts

The dogs name was rowlf and so thats where the young jim henson got the name from is the dog. thats All I wanted to say and that I liked the movie and I have it on DVD. :big_grin:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
My favorite part, like most people's, weas the outtakes. They were just so wqacky and goofy and-Muppety. Now if only the REST of the movie had been like that...
*Sigh* :sympathy: