Your Thoughts: "Muppet Guys Talking" premieres on-line March 16, 2018

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today's the day! The Frank Oz directed and Victoria Labalme produced documentary, "Muppet Guys Talking: Secrets Behind the Show the Whole World Watched" premieres on-line at muppetguystalking.com beginning at 6 am central, 5 am eastern.

For the first time ever, five of the Muppet Performers (Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Fran Brill, Bill Barretta, and Frank Oz) all got together on camera and talked about The Muppets. This behind-the-scenes documentary was filmed in an all-day shoot in 2012.

We were privileged to see this amazing documentary last March at the world premiere at SXSW in Austin, Texas. After you see the film on-line, please post here and let us know your thoughts.

If you've seen "Muppet Guys Talking", please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the details on how you can purchase the film. It's available in two options from muppetguystalking.com:

SEE THE FILM ONLY - $9.97
  • MUPPET GUYS TALKING

Instantly stream/download the film. Secrets revealed, unexpected stories, behind the scenes footage, and a private glimpse into Jim Henson’s unique and visionary leadership.

• UNLIMITED PRIVATE DIGITAL ACCESS

Get a personalized login and download or watch the documentary as often as you’d like.
UPGRADE TO THE BELOW STAGE PASS - $97
(Only Available through 03/21/18)

• MUPPET GUYS TALKING

Instantly stream/download the film. Secrets revealed, unexpected stories, behind the scenes footage, and a private glimpse into Jim Henson’s unique and visionary leadership.

• UNLIMITED PRIVATE DIGITAL ACCESS

Get a personalized login and download or watch the documentary as often as you’d like.

• LIVE HANGOUTS WITH THE GUYS

You get to be part of a online audience and watch/listen to the Guys during two LIVE unprecedented, unscripted video Hangouts. They’ll share never-before-heard anecdotes and answer select viewer questions.

• RECORDINGS OF LIVE HANGOUTS

Participate in the Hangouts whether you can make it live or not. Submit your questions in advance, watch whenever you want, and relive the fun over and over again.

• MEMBERSHIP IN THE PRIVATE MGT FACEBOOK COMMUNITY

Interact with the Muppet Guys Talking fans. Discuss the film, the Hangouts, the Guys or anything else!
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

(We know that's hokey but there really is more.)
  • BONUS! EXTRA FOOTAGE

Deleted Scenes, Outtakes, AND other great moments we couldn’t fit into the movie.

Added 03/20/18

LIMITED EDITION DVD
SIGNED BY FRANK OZ

Nothing fancy schmancy. Just a simple white sleeve with the Muppet Guys Talking DVD inside, personally signed by Frank Oz to you. Limited edition.

Last edited:

Mario500

Reaction score
I was surprised by the prices mentioned here and the official World Wide Web site for the movie since the (official) electronic mail I had received regarding the movie over the past year had no mention of them or any plans to price it.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but I thought it was in the website that it would be free. But oh well if it was on Amazon Prime or Netflix I was going to pay the money anyway. But I'll still pay for this incredible film.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Purchasing the film is a great way to directly say "thanks" to the wonderful people who've given us all a lifetime of enjoyment. It's money well spent.

Mario500

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but I thought it was in the website that it would be free. But oh well if it was on Amazon Prime or Netflix I was going to pay the money anyway. But I'll still pay for this incredible film.
I did not find any thing wrong regarding that "thought" of yours and would had not described it as "stupid" if I were you (I would had not used any negative language in reference to it at all).

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I was quite happy and willing to pay for the Below Stage Pass. This is gonna be fun!

I just finished watching the documentary and my Frog am I just so emotional right now! Jerry had me crying, Frank and Dave had me giggling, Bill was just...well...Bill being all amazing and Fran won my heart all over again. Great stories, amazing memories and brilliant laughs!

Guys, I'm officially back in the Muppet fandom if it means that these five are going to continue collaborating. This was the exact push I needed!

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Purchasing the film is a great way to directly say "thanks" to the wonderful people who've given us all a lifetime of enjoyment. It's money well spent.
I know it's money well spent, but I wasn't expecting the prices at all!

Oh well, anyway, it's fine. They deserve to get some money off this anyway! :smile:

Mario500

Reaction score
I would had mentioned plans to price the movie several days or months in advance if I were one of its promoters (it would had been very helpful for certain folks who might had wanted to see it and/or hear it).