1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Moments premiere on Disney Junior April 3

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear and other beloved Muppets star in Disney Junior's "Muppet Moments," a new short-form series of amusing conversations between Muppets and young kids about everyday topics including "apologies," "favorite foods" and "manners."

The series will debut on Disney Channel with four shorts premiering Friday April 3 (8:25 a.m., 8:55 a.m., 9:25 a.m. and 9:55 a.m., ET/PT) and a new short airing daily through Friday May 8. New shorts will continue to roll out throughout 2015 and will also be available on Watch Disney Junior.

[​IMG]

If you saw Muppet Moments on either Disney Junior or on-line please like this post and share your thoughts below.

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I dont know what ones are playing today and how long these things are but I saw 2 on Disney Junior website.

One was "Want A Hug" that was 30 seconds, and had Rowlf, Fozzie, Kermit, Animal and Pepe.

The other one was "Singing" that was 1 minute and had just Pepe in it.

I have no clue if the ones premiering today are going to be longer or not.

These things are actually nice, I dont mind them whatsoever.

3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Here are 4 of them from this morning.

4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Eh, they're a little bit underwhelming, but they're just simple innocent fun. The important thing is that I hope the kids enjoy them.

Duke Remington and WalterLinz like this.
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

For today on Disney Channel, these are airing at about 8:28, 8:58, 9:28 and 9:58 am eastern. We'll see if the pattern continues.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  6. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

Aww, how cute! I love the hugs and the silly faces ones (and also the random flash of Wembley coming through in one of Kermit's silly faces...)

Duke Remington likes this.
  7. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Yeah...exactly.:)

After watching the videos, I was thinking I (or we) shouldn't have been excited about these before, but these still made me laugh and smile and I kinda reminisced for a minute about those Sesame Muppet and Kid moments.:)

ploobis and Duke Remington like this.
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

This makes me really mad! I thought it was going to be on Disney Junior the channel not the Disney Channel Disney Junior. I missed recording them and just hoping with the Disney Channel East or West channels i might be able to get them on to a disc. I wished i would have read the article better. OH SO MAD!!!!! Cue song from Little Jerry and the Monotones.

9. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I missed these, cause I thought they were on the actual channel.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  10. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I enjoyed these little segments. They're cute, but not in an overly cloying way, and have enough wit to balance them out. I especially enjoyed Pepe singing "Mary Had a Little Ham" and Kermit almost getting squeezed to death by Animal. :)

At least they're being shown on basic cable, where they're more accessible.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  11. Erine81981

yea i guess I was just mad at myself for not reading the article. But i know they'll show them later.

12. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

They're cute, but I'm still not totally for the idea of the characters as strictly children's entertainment. Maybe this rumored new show will fix that. But I did get a good chuckle from the Funny Faces bit. Whitmire does such an excellent job at making Kermit feel real.

WalterLinz likes this.
  13. antsamthompson9

Are these airing at the same times every day? Anyway, here's another one:

14. Erine81981

I recorded this one this morning. Pretty funny. Muppet one one with Kids. It's entertainment.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  15. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Aw that made me laugh and smile so hard!!:)

Here's the segment with The Newsman, pretty cute concept, I gotta say!!:news:

16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Watched the Kermit Beatboxing and News That Counts videos thanks to toughpigs posting another article tonight. Is it just me or do these videos come across as Sesame Street-ish? *Shrugs, waits for the next appearance by Muppets on TV to be something better.

17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. They're underwhelming and a bit seemingly empty, but like I said, hopefully the kids will love it. That's whats important about these segments.

18. antsamthompson9

These just keep getting cuter.

19. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I caught a few of these online over the weekend, my favorite so far was the "Hug" one with the little girl who said Frogs don't get hugs, but they get kisses.". Adorable....

ploobis and dwayne1115 like this.
  20. PuppetMad

PuppetMad Member

These are so fun, this is exactly what I loved about Sesame Street, watching kids interact with the Muppets and totally believing in them.:) MAGIC:)