1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 31, 2011.

1. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Nope. If you get a really bad haircut, you can either (a) cut it further to try to salvage it (b) wear a wig (c) wait for it to grow out and if you get a bad housepaint, you can paint over it with a new color.

But here, we can't do anything but hope pray and wish that this sucky yuchy leaves-out-webtvers-and-who-knows-what-other-rubber-duckies forum gets returned to sender and switches back to the lovely dearly missed please please please WE WANT IT BACK YESTERDAY forum.
  2. dwmckim Well-Known Member

...that's up for debate...
    frogboy4 likes this.
  3. dwmckim Well-Known Member

I finally (after FOUR HOURS and one major nervous breakdown) found a proxy that at least gets me able to post (and it's a ROYAL RIDICULOUS AND TOTALLY UNNESSESSAIRY PAIN IN THE NECK TO DO SO)...and that's only because i know a lot about webtv proxies and spent HOURS trying other stuff that didn't work...any other webtv'er (and who knows who else) certainly won't be as lucky. Even though i found a way to post, everything looks totally messed up. Son, you bought yourself some snake oil and we're all paying the price. What animal do i have to sacrifice to trade this disaster in for the FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND EASILY USABLE BY ALL old forum? (I'll even endure listening to Whiny Houston music for hours...TECHNO REMIXES of it for that matter...to get this reversed!)
    frogboy4 likes this.
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

By the way, if the forum still remains the same and things do improve on your webtv service, here is a freebie higher-res Fleet graphic for an avatar.

[IMG]
  5. dwmckim Well-Known Member

That's really cool! (Where is that from? That looks like a new puppet than 1977?!) - though actually i've been wanting to change my avatar for a while now to a photo of myself. Haven't found a way to do that yet from either webtv or the library computers...now i'm getting very quickly nostalgic for when that was my biggest forum technical issue...
  6. frogboy4 Inactive Member

You're a classic member here and deserve a hi-res pic. :cool: I made all of those old ones for the mods back in my moderator days. This image was an old publicity shot with a white background. I just dropped a background behind it.

If you're interested in changing your avatar -
    Rollover your name on the dark blue bar beneath the flash forum graphic and it will pop up a little window that has all sorts of links to click. Select the one that says "avatar" and the rest is relatively simple.

I think more of us should use photos of ourselves, but if you want this one, it's at:
    http://wijitworld.com/annex/mc/fleetav.jpg
  7. Phillip Administrator

8. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Heh, well...hmmm...looks like I might have to get a new avatar too. Looks a little pixelated, but maybe that's just my screen.

I'll just have to see if I like the new forum or not. Kinda on the fence at this point.

That said, Jamie, I really like your new Kermit avatar! I liked your old one, of course (Gonzo's one of my favorites), but your new one had me fooled for a moment. I thought it was some publictity photo for the Jim Henson Hour. Then I saw the "monitors" next to Kermit were really making up a face. That's cool.

I miss the Cards section too...maybe we'll never see that come back. Too bad. Smig's work was/is awesome.
  9. The Count Moderator

Um Phil... I'm gonna need help getting my PM's back also. Unless the link posted in your reply works for anyone/everyone who tries it? Dunno, hope to get some help soon.
  10. zns Active Member

This is incredible. We have officially entered the 21st century. Everything on here looks fantastic. Great job Phil.
  11. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I just want to say this is not a cell phone friendly new format. You would think that given the fact more and more people use cell phones there would be some kind of mobile view. I had no problem getting on the old forum with a cell phone but I spent 2 hours messing with my phone settijngs to log in. I dont have a smart phone, but my phone has a full html/css browser with java and another more basic browser. When I use the full browser, half the time it wont let me click anything and on the basic browser I get a secuirty warning when logging in even though I have cookies enabled. Once I did manage to log in everything is super slow. It literally took my phone 3 minutes to scroll down to the delete avatar box. I understand there is not much you can do given the problem is on my end, however Im afraid I wont be posting anymore until I get internet access on my computer. then we will see.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  12. Phillip Administrator

Please check your e-mail for more info on your PM's.
  13. Phillip Administrator

Let me see what can be done. An option for a mobile view is a possibility.
  14. Fraggline Active Member

15. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Well, as with most people, this will take some getting used to for me. I'm not too thrilled with some of the facebooky themes, but who knows? They could come in handy. Now to see how easily I can navigate. I had no problem with the thread in announcements and the one here; let's see about the rest of the forum.

Oh, but Phil, your embedded video in the announcement didn't show up for me. On the other hand though, at least some of the smileys are! :):cool: For some reason, with the old forum coupled with my last JAWS upgrade, they weren't.
  16. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

This is going to take a while to get used to. :smirk:
  17. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I like it. It's really modern and I think it was really high time we had a change, and this was a change in the right direction. Is the link on Muppet Central.com going to get changed? Where you don;t have to click on another link to get to the forum. It's also might be cool to do some updateing to the very top menus. They kind see not to fit with the new forum, but thats just me.
  18. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Go for it!! :)
  19. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Yeah - let's have three big cheers for modernization (the definition of which apparently has changed to "adding shiny needless toys like Like Buttons and Trophies over minor insignificant bugaboos like say FUNCTIONALITY, USABILITY AND CONVENIENCE"...someone better notify Websters)

If i wanted my forum experience to be Facebook-icized, then i could have just - oh i don't know - GONE TO FACEBOOK AND USED THAT INSTEAD rather than have it contaminate a fully working wonderful forum that needed no fixing.

Don't know that i have much need for Like Buttons for individual messages ... but i think i may use this little button over here...

(presses Hate Button in reply to entire forum)
  20. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I have to mention that I'm having some speed issues with the new forum... of course, it could very well be my own not-so-all-the-rage-so-called-high-speed-connection from Comcast...

But seriously, I'm experiencing lags whenever going from one page to another, whether it's accessing a board, going through a thread, etc. There are like 40-50 second intervals of lagging after a link is clicked; also, even when posting a message, there's a slight maybe three or four second lag when backspacing/deleting typos and mistakes.

Again, it could very well be my own connection, but I feel the need to draw attention to it.

And wow DW, I agree with your feelings on the new forum, but I have to say, you certainly have more guts than I do about actually ranting about the new forum. And I thought my initial statement might have come across as a little "harsh" after all the hard work Phil put into trying to upgrade MC for us, but I think my comments pale in comparison to your thoughts. Props to you.