Your Thoughts: Piggy, Jessica and Pizza Hut

ekim flow

Reaction score
pizza hut/muppets

they were the only reason i watched the super-bowl, because most of the time it's so boring that the only part that's any good is the ads.but when i heard that the muppets would on i had to see them.

BEAR

Reaction score
I thought it was brilliant! I also think Mr. Henson would find it to be a funny bit too.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Is it just me, or did Piggy slim down some for her Pizza Hut commercial? Maybe it was just the lighting and the boots and the hair, but all my old, um, I mean mature Muppet collectibles (Miss Piggy’s Guide to Life, Miss Piggy Calendar, Miss Piggy paper doll, etc.) show her with irresistibly plump little knees. Anybody got a still of her from the commercial that I could compare?

Marky

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
Is it just me, or did Piggy slim down some for her Pizza Hut commercial? Maybe it was just the lighting and the boots and the hair, but all my old, um, I mean mature Muppet collectibles (Miss Piggy’s Guide to Life, Miss Piggy Calendar, Miss Piggy paper doll, etc.) show her with irresistibly plump little knees. Anybody got a still of her from the commercial that I could compare?
I'm sure they've made and re-made Piggy over the years for different things. In this ad, they show her legs walking which is not very common. It's probably hard to keep consistent with details like that over the years. I guess one has to ask - is it necessary? The ad had to show her walking, and it works fine.

Camellia

Reaction score
Yes, when Piggy does one-liners for prerecorded appearances (Wizard of Oz movie, commercials) she sounds ok. For the Wizard of Oz interviews though, I noticed that she progressively sounds more and more like Yoda or Grover as the minutes tick by.... maybe she needs a glass of water or something? :wink:

Piggy didn't look too much thinner than she has looked in the past with the full body shot there. (Remembers Piggy in the beauty contest in The Muppet Movie). Although the Britney/Jennifer Anniston Hairdo she's had for several years is kinda boring. What do you guys think? Piggy deserves a more sophisticated wardrobe and hairdo like she used to have! :smile:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Well I gotta say the commercial was better than the old one with Jessica Simpson. It was like she was hitting on the thirteen year olds. *Shudder* :eek: But yeah, I think she could get a new hairdo. That'd be coo.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Marky said:
I agree with Piggy's hair looking flat & lame. I think EJ does a pretty good job, but I've also heard bang-on jobs done by puppeteers I know who aren't worling for the Mouse.

(Off -topic comment #1)
It's almost like at the auditions we should have siad, "Do you want Frank's Piggy or Eric's Piggy? Jim's Kermit or Steve's Kermit?". It's that noticeable.

(Of-topic comment #2)

Where this is really, really obvious is in the new Pepe sketches tacked onto the 50th anniv. movie DVD's. Apart from the ovbious voice changes, ALL of the Muppets look different ranging from slight to fright!
for inst.

Kermit - Is he a lighter shade of green now?? Bordering on Lime?

Fozzie - Looks like him, (sounds like mellowed-out cousin.)

Piggy - Lose the hair. Too thin, too whispy.

Gonzo. Same (obviously), but age has mellllllllowed him, no?

Rizzo - check. There's one, at least!

Bunsen - what's happenned to his head??? He looks the same in clouor, but the old bunsen's facial feautures weren't as far distributed from the centre as now. There are now seams on the nose. the spacing of his 'eye's, nose and mouth are more anotomically correct - which takes away some of his character! Plus, his 'skin' used to be a lot more smooth-looking, (ie, new material they use now is obviously different from the old days).

Even worse - Statler & Waldorf - Who cut their hair then gave W. age spots? And S.s' lower jaw looks reeeeally unattached to the rest of his head now! I won't even start on there voices!

What I'd like to know finaly, is how did they let that Sam-the-Eagle-fan-eBay-knock-off puppet appear at the end? That alomst makes me run and hide the way they just have that on, with who-ever saying "You are all weirdos". Who is that? A Make-up person? A crazed-fan who's terrible at voices? That was completely surreal. The face, top feathers, non-moving eyes - and that voice...

HELP!
S&W are a little off...Sam looks like his head shrunk or somthin but any was the other Muppets u menchin DON'T bother me all that much.

Satler :boo: has age spot? Where? I'd like to see! and Waldorf :sleep: , your right his jaw looks like it wants to come off! lol :smirk:

Marky

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
S&W are a little off...Sam looks like his head shrunk or somthin but any was the other Muppets u menchin DON'T bother me all that much.

Satler :boo: has age spot? Where? I'd like to see! and Waldorf :sleep: , your right his jaw looks like it wants to come off! lol :smirk:
I think we agree, though I may believe you confusing the vice-versaness-nesss?

LOL!

jacobl

Reaction score
i could certainly do without jessica simpson in the commercial. in these parts, there are versions aired WITHOUT kermit & piggy :mad: