Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 50 Years and Counting DVD Set

hooperfan

Reaction score
One thing that @hooperfan pointed out is that other than just a few seconds at the end of Somebody Come and Play there is literally no Mr Hooper footage on the entire dvd
Unfortunately, that is true... At least the "40 Years of Sunny Days" featured more footage of him, so for anybody not familiar with his character can at least understand the sense of loss everybody felt in that 1983 scene.. For those who only get to see him for 20 seconds on this new release, they may not quite know why he was so important :frown:

Cookie3001

Reaction score
The last dvd had a larger amount of Hooper footage and it's important that the kids watching today know who he is so they should have included more

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
No, I haven't brought it at all. It's super hard to find, and am not sure if it will ever be in stores in my area. They have it at Barnes and Noble, but it's slightly more than I'm willing to pay, and for obvious reasons, I can't open up the DVD and look inside to see if the frame is included. So I'm asking here, so...I'm sure you get the idea.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
When I got it the card paper cover had "special collectors frame inside" written in the top left corner

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So in The Biscotti Kid, it takes a few tries before Cookie Monster pays attention with his whole body, being distracted and only listening with his ears before he finally listens with his whole body.

Until a few weeks ago when watching this, I realized that I hadn't been watching that segment with my whole body. I guess I didn't pay much attention when it was on until then, watching it as part of this set, until I finally got the whole thing.

What a coincidence.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently got a DVD copy of this. The picture frame it comes with is neat. It’s illustrated, with many characters, don’t think it has anybody who’s not in the discs content.

this has been available for about three months and yet Muppet Wiki still doesn’t have a picture of the frame.