1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street at Macy's 2010 Thanksgiving Day Parade

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by MuppetLabsBoy, Nov 25, 2010.

1. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

So, what did you guys think of the song they sung? I liked it!:wisdom:
  2. Big Bird

I loved the song they sung in the parade, and it was great to see all of the cast together (whereas last year when they had only 5 human characters) but I noticed Big Bird looked a little...wobbly. I don't know if it was Matt Vogel inside the Bird (Caroll never performs in the parade) but my money is on he wasn't. The lip-synch was a little off and he kind of looked (for lack of a better word) hammered. He was swaying a lot and his head rolled around a lot. I'm just wondering. I think it was a different puppeteer inside the Bird, maybe one who is not used to performing him. I loved the performance, don't get me wrong (I love it when Nitya sings!) and seeing Susan, Gina, Alan, Gabi, and the rest together just warmed my heart. Happy Thanksgiving! :wisdom::wisdom:
  3. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

SpinneyBird pretty much said everything I was. So raises the question- If not Matt, who else was inside Big Bird?:wisdom::wisdom:

Otherwise, still a pretty good performance.:super:
  4. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I loved the song. Does anyone know if that songs is on a CD somewhere. But it was a great presentation on the float.
  5. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

Yeah, his head bobbing made him look at little bit off.:wisdom:
  6. Mystery Bird Revealed!

According to Alan Muraoka who took pics of the entire event, the man who was playing the Bird was...

NOEL MACNEAL

:wisdom::wisdom::wisdom:
  7. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i actually mentioned to my family that the guy performing Big Bird must be the warmest one at the whole parade
  8. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

I basically missed it when it was on. I was watching three parades at a time, and when I switched back to Macy's, they were wrapping up the song...Luckily, someone posted it on YT. :)

@SpinneyBigBird1:

Really? I didn't know he still serves as Big Bird's backup. I thought the man at 01:09 in Marty Robinson's parade video looked familiar. xD
  9. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That's rather understandable... Matt Vogel is in Los Angeles filming the new Muppet movie and he wouldn't be able to get back to NYC for a single parade and then fly straight back out to LA.
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Was this the first parade in years not to include Herry, Alice, or Barkley? I don't know if their absense is due to Sesame Workshop's recent financial problems (possibly allowing for less performers to appear) or if maybe the characters are no longer usable to perform or what.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, Barkley has made a considerable comeback.... Herry WAS in that one episode last season... but Alice.... the fact she's always still on the float prior to this is beyond me. Alice hasn't been seen on the show, or even referenced for that matter in YEARS.

Which makes me wonder if they were shorthanded with puppeteers this year... considering that there's the Muppet movie being filmed on the other side of the country.
  12. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Actually I checked Muppet Wiki, they were absent on the float last year.
  13. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

There wasn't a Ballon for Sesame street this year, which makes me question if things are That Bad at the show.:(
  14. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Well, they had the Kermit balloon so it could have just been a simple case of not being able to have two balloons.
  15. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Normally they have both the Kermit balloon and a SST balloon.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

They probably didn't have enough money to sponsor a balloon and a float... or something happened to the Abby... I hope they come back with a new balloon next year.