Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

BEAR

Reaction score
Dil said:
C'mon, Sesame Workshop! Enough using 'Elmo's World' in every episode!!!!!

Do you have anything good to say about the episode, or is that it?

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
From what I saw, I thought it was great!

Dil said:
C'mon, Sesame Workshop! Enough using 'Elmo's World' in every episode!!!!!
I think that's how they make most of thier money.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Aside to Bry: Just leave it be buddy.

The thing with both of my PBS stations, the national affiliate and the local affiliate, is that now they've synchronized it so that both channels air the episode at 9:00 AM.
Used to be I'd get the airing on the national affiliate at 8, and then repeated on the local affiliate at 9.
But at least I watched the first episode today, only missed out on Trash Gordon.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I thought of setting my alarm to watch it at 7, but figured I might as well just watch it at noon when they show the exact same episode. That is when I normally watch anyway because I get up at 8:30/9.
That work's to, but it only comes on once time where I like so If I miss it that's it. Better luck next time.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, we get today's new episode on one channel at 2 different times, then later in the afternoon we get yesterday's episode on another channel. So if I ever miss a new episode, I know I have another chance to catch it tomorrow.

BEAR

Reaction score
I haven't seen the new episode yet, but I am curious to know how has Hoots' look changed?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I didn't notice that Bob narrarated it. Only his voice was heard.

I think it's a bit odd that the Mail-It Shop was turned back into the fix-it shop, but there weren't any episodes regarding this change.
Yeah. I thought of that too. I guess they went with the old saying:

"Don't question. Just be thankful."

I didn't notice that Bob narrarated it. Only his voice was heard.
I picked up that it was Bob. Though hopefully he'll do more than just voice-over work this season.

Abby Cadabby is a good character, though at times she sounds a bit like Baby Bop from Barney (did Leslie Carrara perform Baby Bop's voice? Does anybody care?).
I didn't really notice. That might be something to look up at Wikipedia or imdb.com.

Suzy Kabloozy's version of Everybody Sleeps... Why couldn't we have gotten the classic version sung by Joe Raposo?
Yeah. Her version was pretty bad. Also, I wish they'd bring back the old baker films rather than using the new counting segments.

Just a few other comments. I've noticed they still have a lot of stuff about health and exercise. That's real good as long as they don't change Cookie Monster to Diet Monster or anything. The opening credits are still the same. I've heard they might change those, but I guess they're not planning on doing that anytime soon. I also thought when Abby was shy about playing with friends, that would have been a good time to mention the fact that Snuffy had been shy at first to the point where he was thought to be imaginary. Just a little something that could have been included in the dialog. Maybe he could have said, "Yeah. I used to be shy too. In fact, it took me many years before I got to know the people on 'Sesame Street'" Just a thought. It was an interesting concept that Abby met Oscar first and that gave her a bad impression of the people on the street. It was good to see the Count in something new though. It sounds like Jerry is still performing him, but he may have been performed by someone else and have Jerry looping in the voice. I'm just assuming. I could be wrong. Yeah. I was a bit surprised that Bert and Ernie didn't show up. They can do without JTE, but hopefully we'll see some Ernie and Bert segments this season. The "Letter of the Day" was repeated though, so we didn't really see Cookie Monster in anything new. Hopefully he'll get more airtime as well. Anyway, I'll probably think of more to say later on. So I'll stop here for now.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hmm, well this was a wonderful start of the season. I was expecting trash, and I found a little treasure.

Here's what I loved...

1. Woohoo, The Fix-It Shop is back, BUT they should have made an episode about the Fix-It-Shop coming, cause it would be confusing if one season, you saw the Mail-It Shop and switched to the Fix-It Shop.
  2. Okay, I for one would have loved Abby Cadabby when I was little. Great character, HOPEFULLY she will stay, I can see some neat things happenning story-wise etc.
  3. Wow, this was a Classic Sesame Fest. In one episode, there was Oscar, Zoe, Elmo, Big Bird, Snuffy, and the Count. Loved it. It was a great way to introduce the character as well.
  4. I am seriously loving the Law & Order spoof. It reminds me of the old spoofs they did back in the 70's of Dragnet. I am hoping they make this a re-accuring sketch. Its wonderful, and has alot of potential.
  5. I absolutely loved the come back of Hoots the Owl. I was shocked and was to me the highlight of the episode. I am surprised John Legend sang with him. It was just... awesome.
  6. Whew, im going on and on aren't I? Well anyways, I loved the Sleeping Beauty story, loved the fact Bob told the story. It was great.
Flaws? No not in my opinion, they should keep goin on track. Good job SW, I will comment on tommorows episode, well, Tommorow!

DTWolf

Reaction score
Goods and Bads

This was the best experience I've had with a new Sesame episode for a long time. I tend to stay away from the show because so much of it has been weak the past few years.

I hate not only Elmo's World, as lots of people do, but those inane "Journey to Ernie" segments too. I was overjoyed at the start of last season because I thought they'd done away with it--and deeply disappointed to find it showed up frequently in later episodes. I do so hope it's gone for good now, but I doubt it will be. Either way, they DO need to include a real Ernie segment in each episode.

I like Abby. I'm going to expand on that in the Abby thread, so I'll leave it at that here.

The Count was on the Street! Interacting with other characters! Yay!

"Every Kitty Sleeps" had me laughing, though it could've been sung bettter. I think they were trying for "she sings so badly it's funny," but it didn't work. It was the parody element that was great.

The Law and Order segment was great, though the "chun-chunnn" thing was funnier before they had the M point out how annoying it was. You don't have to spell everything out!

For the record, the Cookie Monster/Prairie Dawn "M" segment was a repeat, but a good one. Cookie Monster has some good lines on Sesame Street.

It's wonderful to see Hoots again, though the puppet has changed. He looks younger and less grizzled, and I like the original look better. The attempt to make him look like he was flying was poor, too. Still, I'm glad to see him.

The Story Time with Sleeping Beauty was nice. I felt faint ripples of the old Henson irreverence that's been so glaringly absent from the show: Sleeping Beauty snores like a truck, the Prince is Cha-Cha-Charming, and he cocks his head and says, "I wonder if Cinderella's home" before dancing off the stage with an "oh well!" attitude.

I watched it on tape, and MAN was it nice to fast forward through Elmo's World! (I also had to FF through the second half of that very very long "Count Me In" song.)

My most nitpicky moment was being bothered that Oscar is reading so close to the front of the Trash Gordon book, despite the fact that he and Slimy have been going through it for so long. They've got to be further along than that! (Ahh--maybe grouches just don't read things in order.)

BEAR

Reaction score
How has Hoots' look changed, if anyone doesn't mind answering.