Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

wiley207

Reaction score
I think the "Air" clip is from the 1980s... usually when it comes to re-running skits, Sesame Street uses post-1980 material.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sometimes they'll use a reall old Jim Henson Ernie sketch.

BTW, how old was that Big Bird postcard in the episode about Rosita getting a letter from her grandmother? That definately had to be pre-90's.

muppet baby

Reaction score
i am really enjoying this season so much it is really great i love the new theme music and aby is so cute i am so glad that they brought here to the show .

i have missed the frist seveeral weeks i hate that but i will catch them again .

abby cadaby i hope that i spelled that right .
haha

RubberDuckie

Reaction score
Nascount skit

Hello,
My son visited the set of Sesame Street back in December for his Make-A-Wish. During our visit, they were taping a skit called Nascount with the Count driving and counting racecars with his Monkey pit crew. We have been trying to watch all of the new episodes this season, but haven't seen the skit yet and my son is really looking forward to watching it.
Does anyone have any idea which episode number the skit will be (or was) on?
Thanks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Welcome to the craziness that surrounds us here at Muppet Central. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing what sketches/segments/songs will appear in which numbered episode until the episode actually airs and those who saw it come in here to comment on their thoughts about the new episodes. If the schedule holds true, there'll be three new episodes this week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Keep watching and maybe you'll spot it. When it does appear, you can count on finding the rundown of the episode it was part of here, thus answering your question should you miss it.

Hope this helps and have a good time exploring the rest of the forums.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Mighty Morphin Mega Monsters! I wish to see it In Sesame Street Season 38!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, that parody would still hold up, what with it still being popular over here.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another one down... Here's the rundown.
Episode 4152:Elmo Wants a Dinosaur as a Pet.
Cold Opening: Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "gigantic".
Street Story.
OK... This sort of causes confusion and I can forsee it creating complaints with some of the "older" fans.
It's like they completely forgot about Herb the Dinosaur from last year.
But when Herb was brought in, we were worried he would end up replacing Snuffy.
Now it seems Snuffy's replaced Herb as they dropped the character altogether.
*Thumbs Down: Far too short a street story, though I guess that's a good thing as it was pretty unmemorable except for the above comment regarding Herb and Snuffy.
Song: "All Dressed Up".
Celebrity: Word on the Street Explanation: "Gigantic".
Song: "Somethings Are Little, Somethings Are Big".
Letter of the Day: Q, Cookie eats the little stemmy part after Prairie questions if it's an O.
Animation: Queen Quagmire.
Film: Q for Quack.
Muppets: Song: "That's Not Homer!"
Muppets: The Twiddlebugs take care of a pet caterpillar.
Muppet-Kid Moment: Murray and James pretend to be T-rex dinosaurs.
Cavemen Claymation.
Muppets: "Song: "What Is Friend?" by Cookie Monster and his Friend, original version.
The Count counts sheep to learn the Number of the Day, 2 tap-dancing sheep pass by before the elephant dressed as a sheep comes.
Song: "2, Me And You".
Animation: 2, set to Eastern belly-dancing music.
Film: Jenny and Sherri who talk in rhyme about agreeing and disagreeing over their pigtails.
Muppets: Song: "Things I Remember" by Steve's Ernie and Frank's Bert.
Animation: How I Feel Glum, by Fluffy Simpson.
Muppets: American Monster Classics: A Street Car Named Monster.
*Thumbs Up! Felt like Monsterpiece Theater, they even snuck in a reference quote to Gone With the Wind.
Animation: Song: "In With The In Crowd".
Elmo's World: Dinosaurs.
Ending Insert: Abby presents the sponsors, falling into rhyme-speech laughing as she goes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A couple corrections...

The 2 segment in question is actually an Egyptian diorama with stop motion animation. But it's basically just a couple model sarcophagi rotating.

And the "What is Friend?" song was actually the filmed footage of kids version, not the original version.

As for them forgetting about Herb the dinosaur? Well I don't mind. I guess he was just a one time character they just recycled from having a leftover Elmo's World character. I will say he was kinda annoying, so it's not a big loss.

I especially enjoyed Elmo's song about having a Dinosaur pet... they showed a claymation version of Elmo with a claymation Dinosaur. I bet that's what the Ernie and Bert cartoon's gonna look like if they ever get it off the ground.

But pretty uneventful storyline nonetheless... but hey, at least we got to see Snuffy again.

I was surprised to see "that's not Homer" since that's a pretty obscure segment from the 90's. Probably just a long line of "elephant" related things so they would be able to use an expensive puppet over and over. Very enjoayble segment.

I love seeing the Twiddlebugs back, but I'm still unhappy about them being CGI's. That's not to say it wasn't a fun bit.

the old Brian Cummings narrated bit about the dog finding a home was cute. You could tell it was Brian Cummings since the boy sounded a little like Doofus from Ducktales.

And the Street Car named Monster bit was pretty funny. This seems like Monsterpiece Theater 2.0. Cookie even eating the title card at the end. Perfect.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. My station played that ep today, so it looks like I'm back on track here, at least for now anyway.

But pretty uneventful storyline nonetheless... but hey, at least we got to see Snuffy again.
Good point. It's always good to see Mr. S. Although there was a lack of continuity. How could everyone have forgotten about meeting Herb the Dinosaur from last season?

I love seeing the Twiddlebugs back, but I'm still unhappy about them being CGI's. That's not to say it wasn't a fun bit.
Yeah, I'm a bit unsure about CGIs myself. The voices are real good, but I am pretty much used to seeing them as puppets. Still, it's good to see them either way.

And the Street Car named Monster bit was pretty funny. This seems like Monsterpiece Theater 2.0. Cookie even eating the title card at the end. Perfect.
Yeah. I guess they have been listening to many fans who wanted to see the return of MPT. I guess they figure this is the next best thing.

Muppets: Song: "That's Not Homer!"
I liked this because we got to see another elephant besides Horatio. Yet, that didn't stop him from showing up in the "Number of the Day" segment. I'm glad they made a new one of those though. It's just too bad they had to stop at 2. I wonder what would have happened if it would have went on longer. I guess that would have been a bit boring with a bunch of sheep before they got to the elephant. Still, they're coming up with new ideas for these, so that's a start.

Ending Insert: Abby presents the sponsors, falling into rhyme-speech laughing as she goes.
What are they teaching kids there? That you could suceed at something without trying? Lol. Actually, that was pretty good. Sometimes I have the habit of my speech falling into rhyme as well when I talk, so I guess that problem isn't uncommon. Lol.

Anyway, one thing you forgot to mention, Count, was that Linda Bove made an appearance. I think that's a little unusual considering she's not in the credits anymore, but still it's good to see her. However, I'm guessing that scene was recycled from earlier years on the show. They probably wouldn't use her in something new unless she made a guest appearance on a street story or something like that.

I'm also glad there still playing classic songs like "What is a Friend?" and "Things I Remember." Those have always been some of my favorites.