1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Aug 10, 2008.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I saw that segment on YouTube, and liked it because it looked like VeggieTales. I'm a fan of it. Just wondering, are you a fan of VeggieTales, Oscarfan?
  2. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Pare

The Parody of the 60's Broadway play Hair.

Anyone notice that the music didn't quite have that 60's sound to it?

Sounded a bit more modern to me.
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, but that's hard to duplicate.
  4. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I wonder how they came up with the idea of at the beginning of an episode they will have people who are not regulars walking by?

They didn't do that in years past.
  5. Monster

Monster New Member

I have been an extra on the show. I believe it is just to give friends and family a chance to be part of this amazing show. I work at Sesame Workshop and love to bring inside info to the forum when i can. If I can answer any questions please allow me to help if I can.
  6. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Hello, Monster! ( Any relation to Telly Monster or Cookie Monster?). Okay.....bad joke, very bad joke. But, since you work at SW, I was wondering, could you shed any light on this topic? If anything?

Thanks.:)
  7. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

That is good. Very good. Occasionally members of current SW/Henson staff show up here, it is always a blessing to have people near the action giving us update. I am sure we would all be delighted if you answered some questions. I have none however.:excited:
  8. RyGuy

RyGuy New Member

I have a new idea for a venture between Sesame Workshop and Clear Channel . I think there are enough fans for SW to try an all-Sesame Street all the time FM or AM radio station . We already have radio Disney, so why not have a station dedicated to SS ? The dee-jays could be regular adults but the content would be aimed at the preschool demographic.

Here are some ideas for features playlists:

The morning show could be called The Sesame Streert Morning Wake Up Show this could feature the actual weather for each State (It could be in different markets ) the traffic (for parents driving the child around) and as far as "News" they could just have news related to Sesame Street This could be news about the actors or upcoming Sesame CD releases or about certain upcoming episodes , This would be a welcome get away from typcial news stories .

Music and content wise the'd have more games and contests and at midday they could have a feature called "What's The Name Of That Song "where parents could call in for their children or the child could call with the parents 'help and how that would work is they would play part of a song and if you sang the correct line, the person could win a pize pack with a different member of the SS gang on it (E.G. "Jessica Wick" from Austin Texas wins a Big Bird Prize pack with a Follow That Bird DVD "

They could also have a "Hooper's Lunchtime Request Hour" Where children and parents could call-in a requet any Sesame song they wanted.

Saturday Nights from 6:00 untill 8:00 there could be a " Classic Sesame request Show " that show could conentrate on the songs from 1969 through 1985 " The children's parents would probably request more for their child or themselves for that matter. This coud l either be a song from one of the SS vinyls or from the TV show

Sundays could have a show called "The Count's Countdown " where the count could pick 20 songs from a certain part of the program's history and count them down

There could also be a "Grover's Golden Oldie " everyday at 4:35

I think this would actually do very well in all markets . Radio Disney proved it could work for a while so why not try this?
  9. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

I loved how Rocco got to appear in Episode 4169.