Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, he means not ENOUGH material is shown. Why play True Mud and "Measure, Yeah, Measure" twice in one season when you could easily replace it with something else? The Birdwalk Empire bit is airing twice this season, which is again ridiculous. They have plenty of material they can play, especially full-frame stuff, but they stick to repeating the same HD stuff. That's his point.
Yep. That's what I was going for. They show the occasional thing that isn't in HD, but it's becoming rarer and rarer that they do. We did see the Claymation Cavemen (Clavemen?) and that's not HD... but in the 5 episodes that aired thus far, that was also the only thing that wasn't HD/WS. It's like they said "we need as much new HD/WS material as possible in every episode... but Elmo's World is something that can't be helped." Especially since they've taken to showing segments twice a season as mentioned.

Also, I forgot to mumble about this, but anyone else not liking the "look what's in the garden today" segments, especially since they're showing them one after another? That's a real lack of variety.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, I forgot to mumble about this, but anyone else not liking the "look what's in the garden today" segments, especially since they're showing them one after another? That's a real lack of variety.

Dude, didn't you read my reviews from last week's episodes? These garden clips are making me change the channel back to the Mike & Mike repeat on ESPN News I watch at the same time for just that one moment.

They could have used the Lonely Eleven, 17 Rap, and/or Eightteen songs instead.
And why can't we get the Count TV segments?

*Grumble grumble grumble.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm thinking Count TV never happened. I think they produced a pilot, much like Munchin' Impossible and Elmo's Backyard. I guess they either didn't get enough funding to make more, possibly waiting for an international market to buy the series to fund it.

Still... there are genuinely good sketches for numbers past 12. Sad thing is, there's so few of them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My mistake, the new episode is Friday.

That's strange... the SW website lists it as Thursday, and my local PBS website says the same thing (at the moment). So, to be safe, check out both days in case something changed.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's strange... the SW website lists it as Thursday, and my local PBS website says the same thing (at the moment). So, to be safe, check out both days in case something changed.
Well, I had checked MW for the date; maybe that's wrong instead.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4306: The Letter G Song.

Word of the Day: Grimace.

Street Story.
The episode starts off with Elmo and Rosita singing the J-Friends song with a Muppet Letter J...
Until a Muppet Letter G comes by saying it can make the same "j" sound but he doesn't have a song of his own. So Rosita comes up with a G-worded version of the J-Friends song.
And then Super Grover shows up to help.
SG: "Do you know C Is For Cookie?"
Yes, Super Grover with a G!
And then Oscar shows up complaining about the kids singing around his trashcan, making up a G song of his own.
We get a Spanish lesson in this episode too? I'm glad that Rosita's got an episode to shine this season.
Apparently, the people behind Elmo: The Musical were absent because Elmo comes up with a typical Elmo's World-styled G-song where it's just the one letter sung over.

In all of these songs they focused on the strong "g" sound, forgetting about why the G showed up that it could make the "j" sound.
And in all their efforts of trying to find a classic G-song... You already have one! "Two G Sounds" sung by Grover and George!

Segments.
1 Muppet/Celebrity: Elmo and Ed Helmes demonstrate "grimace" with the help of a giant chicken grimace expert voiced by Joey.
2 Murray calls in Dr. Ovejita for a check-up, diagnosing his gaseousness, galloping, and giggling.
Murray: Looks like got a case of athlete's G", that's funny.
3 Kids find G-things like a gaggle of geese and goofy glasses or maybe guitars.
4 Muppets: The G-Club.
That was actually a good sketch.
5 Abby's Flying Fairy School: Music Class with Morty the Musical Muse, repeat.
6 Chefs Murray and Ovejita make a 3 using three frankfurters.
Why am I thinking of Frankenfurterstein created by Bunsen and Beaker?
7 What can you see that there are 3?
8 Animation: Three animals keep changing positions from first to second to third.
9 Super Grover 2.0: See-Saw Ship-Shape.
Super Grover helps an elephant and a sheep who've caused their boat to be off-balance.
Yes, of course the solution to make the elephant lighter is to have him take off his hat.
Super Grover then keeps bringing in more sheep to balance the boat, insisting the sheep are "going on a lovely boat ride".
Aw, the pay-off was comedy gold.
10 Murray's Cubby, another game-type set up where you match food utensils with foods you use them for.
11 Muppets/Celebrity: "Lever Lover".
Glad to finally see the one song from Season 42 that I've been hearing so often on MCR.
12 Elmo: The Musical, Guacamole: The Musical.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was good. The best part was the J-Friends song at the beginning. I didn't expect that. The Word of the Day was okay. The new Murray tune-ins were good. I laughed at the way Murray said, "Where's my little lamb?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not really going to complain about reused segments, as I said... that's basically par now. But did they even make any new Super Grover 2.0 segments this year? I understand if, budget wise, ETM came first. It's just disappointing if they didn't. And if they did, I'm surprised they didn't at least put one on the first episode, or even the first week.

AH... Mythology Gag! Singing the J Friends song as a throwaway bit. Did they ever do a cover that one? Seriously... first the two song by Abby and Elmo and now this. I hope we have more classic songs referenced/covered in the season.

Grover and Oscar's bits were classic. I LOVE Super Grover's new anthem. And the fact that the G is the same G from the Glee parody asking for his own song was itself hilarious in hindsight... and then cue the Glee parody several sketches later.

Ed Helms was his Office best with the Grimace explanation. Heh! Good thing McD's doesn't sponsor anymore, or someone would shout conspiracy theory.

And since everything else but the Murray bits was either unremarkable or a rerun, I'm done.

Though there were two letter and number skits today. That's something of note.