Your Thoughts: Song of the Cloud Forest DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Song of the Cloud Forest and Other Earth Stories" will arrive on DVD this Tuesday April 13. Here's our review of this anticipated DVD. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Since most of us will be getting "The Song of the Cloud Forest and Other Earth Stories", we'd like to mention that if you order the Cloud Forest DVD from Amazon using this link, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD with a low-price guarantee. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

Once you receive your "Song of the Cloud Forest" DVD, post here and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated release.

ploobis

Reaction score
I just bought the DVD and I love this Henson Classic! :smile:

I also bought the Animal Show DVD too. I just noticed that in the Zebra & Lion show the Zebra (played by Bill Barretta) sounds just like Bill's Rowlf The Dog. Just wanted to mention that.

Anyway, I love Song of The Cloud Forest! Too bad this was not on video when we were in middle school learning about the Rain Forest.

muppet boy

Reaction score
I got it! Pretty good.

I got it as well. It's a pretty good little special. I only have one complaint about it and that is that the colors were very loud, but they are supposed to be... Still it is a very cute, short special that is as old as me.
:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I bought the DVD today. I watched the Fraggle Rock episode and now I'm watching Song of the Cloud Forest.

Reaction score
Just picked this up on the way home from work, didn't even know it was coming out (until I saw it on the store shelf). Got it for $10.00 at Wal-Mart, then had buyer's remorse upon seeing it for $9.99 at Best Buy! Personally, I would have liked a complete collection of "The Jim Henson Hour," but since I've never actually seen this particular episode before, I'm happy to finally check it out. If they continue to issue JHH episodes at 1 per disc (with a lot of repeat filler material), I'll just hold off until a probable complete series release. In the meantime, I'll check out the above review and will hopefully get to watch the show itself this weekend!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems liek if you view only one episode/ special on this DVD, the Lionsgate logo appears at the end, but if you play all it doens't appear at the end of them all (I have yet to watch all four in one sitting, but I did select play all once and stopped playing before it ended).

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Got it for $6.00 on eBay... Can't wait to get back home (I'm about 1500 miles from there now) and see this awesome special in better quality than my old VHS to DVD home recorded transfer.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Got the DVD in the mail the other day, it's always a great special to watch and it's great being able to upgrade from a glitchy VHS to DVD. I can actually see the Uprights' faces, all this time I thought they were in the shadows the whole special! :smile:

And another odd "small world" thing, I was reading the credits and one of the names of the visual effects people who worked on that special sounded familiar. It took me a while but I got the connection: I go to school with the guy's daughter. :zany: Turns out he's worked on quite a bit of Henson stuff and his daughter actually wrote the prop letter that Claire "wrote" in Letters to Santa.

One more thing, is it just me or do the transfers of the Animal Show episodes seem not so good? The colors just have a "VHS master copy transferred onto DVD" look to them. But maybe it's just me.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey..IF any MC member is havin a hard time lookin for Dog City the Movie or Song of the Cloud Forest on DVD, I found it them in Kmart lastnight, $9.99 each,...just ONE copy of each tho shoved in between some Sesame Street dvds.. I bought them both... I had my girlfriend help me look for "Hensons Place" on dvd, didnt find it tho...but I found these 2 dvds! :smile: also on a side note I found the Sesame Street 20 years and counting" dvd at a local store for $7.99, there was a few of thos.
:sing: