Your Thoughts: "The Christmas Toy"

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I saw "The Christmas Toy" and it was fantasic. The only disappoint I got was the copy that had no Kermit scenes intact. So, don't be shy what you thought about it and why it is still your favorite Muppet Christmas special.

Honestly, I am putting "The Christmas Toy" as one of my favorite Christmas specials.

Princeton

Reaction score
My absolute favorite Muppet Christmas special. My favorite characters are Mew (who is very much the Wendell Porcupine of this special; every time you see him he's entertaining and adorable), Belmont (Muppet builder Ed Christie has said that Belmont was his all-time favorite character to build) and Meteora (from doing lots of theater, I know lots of women just like her). My favorite song is "Try the Impossible" (although it kinda shoots a hole in the whole "We-have-to-save-Rugby-no-time-to-lose" mindset).

Hubert

Reaction score
I also like this special a lot, maybe not as much as some Muppet Christmas stuff, but a lot. It's hard for me to talk a lot about it, as I still have to rewatch this one this Christmas season, but it's really great.

The characters are just so wonderfully made and lovable, especially Rugby (who's my favorite). Also, the music is great, as Princeton mentioned. "Try the Impossible" is also one of my favorite songs because of the message it preaches (in fact, I should do a Dynamite Determination article on that one).

Though I can't help but think that Pixar watched this special just before they had their first pitch meeting. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Always has been my favorite Muppet Christmas special. I love the risks it took with story telling and it really brings back a lot of nostalgia for me. :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Love it alot, but I also find it has a lot of sadness to it: the toys "freezing", Apple being sad she was replaced by Rugby, etc. The old Teddy Bear played by Jerry Nelson, which now that he's gone is really going to be tough to watch. But it's got a lot of sweetness too, and I love the creativity of all the different kinds of toys and the care that went into making the puppet versions. It's also one of my favorite Steve Whitmire performances as Mew:" IT'S CATNIP!!!" :laugh: