Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This Wednesday night, don't miss the Muppets perform on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on NBC. After you watch the appearance, post here and share your thoughts.

Muppets Studio has announced that Kermit the Frog along with Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Robin, Scooter, Fozzie, Rowlf, Rizzo, Pepe, Sam, and Animal will sing "The 12 Days of Christmas."

Muppetplus

Reaction score
I see they did an almost exact copy of the John Denver version. Nice to see that again! And poor Fozzie still can't remember his line! Robin's voice kind of bothered me, but otherwise, great to see!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Wow, that was great! It was a near exact remake of the John Denver version, but this was nice too. Robin's voice was the only thing that bothered me really. And I loved Piggy's hair!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i loved it it was really nice
really what bothered me was the volume of the music(not the muppets and jimmy singing) i couldnt hear them singing

poor fozzie:embarrassed:

MWoO

Reaction score
That was really well done. I was hoping to see Janice or Floyd like the original, but it makes sense to include Rizzo and Pepe. Rizzo doing the 11 pipers pipping is a nice pied piper reference, and it seemed Pepe was suppose to get a huge laugh with the tutu but I am kind of glad he didn't. He didn't take away from the rest of the bit. I liked Sam taking the Statler and Waldorf part since he doesn't get on tv much.

Oh and it's nice to see them get a genuine laugh with the Fozzie parts a few times. The audience even cheered when he got it! That is far better than appearances made only a few years ago where the audience seemed bored with the muppets. So all in all it was a great bit! Seems the muppets work best when they go back to classic formula like they have been doing.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Great Muppets appearance! It was definitely clearly inspired by the John Denver version from the "John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together" special. That's cool! I like how the audience was genuinely laughing about Fozzie missing his line and then cheering for him when he got it.:embarrassed: (Pepe even worked in his "unbelieveable, okay?" line.):rolleyes:
It would've been nice to have Floyd, Janice and Waldorf and Statler for a straight remake, but this was definitely very close and worked fine. Even the set reminded me of the TV special. Very nicely done- a fun rendition of The 12 Days of Christmas!
I do wish Rowlf would've joined them for a group shot at the end, but oh well. And Sam looked a slight bit different- seemed to have a big forehead and really bushy eyebrows-but that's okay. It was just great seeing him, Scooter and Robin in there at all!
Nice Christmasy appearance! Merry Christmas!:smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
Jimmy Fallon would work really well in a muppet movie. special, or TV show I think. I'm surprised he didn't do letters to Santa actually.

ploobis

Reaction score
It was so awesome that they remade the Classic Muppet version of 12 Days of Christmas from the John Denver Christmas Together special.

It was also cool that :rolleyes: :shifty: and :attitude: was included in this version!