1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets on WE Day Sunday August 28, 2016

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Sunday night watch Kermit and The Muppets on "We Day", a celebration of young people dedicated to changing the world. "We Day" airs on ABC at 7 pm eastern, 6 pm central. Watch the show or set your DVR and let us know your thoughts on this special appearance.

Other guests scheduled to appear include: Charlize Theron, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Seth Rogen, Natalie Portman, Kate Winslet, Orlando Bloom, Common and Tyrese Gibson.

"We Day" is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Today there are millions of passionate youth, women and men working together to shift the world from "me" to "we."

"We Day" was recorded at The Forum in Inglewood, California on Thursday, April 7, 2016.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

2. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It was pretty cool. I liked the opening using the Muppet Show theme with a special appearance from Chip. The bit with Charlize and Bobo was funny. It would have been nice if the Muppets sang a song on stage though.

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Nice to see Chip make an appearance, I hope this means they plan on keeping him around.

Duke Remington likes this.
  4. MUPPETFAN1976

MUPPETFAN1976 Active Member

I completely forgot this was on tonight! I've been so busy lately that I haven't been keeping up.

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's sitting in my DVR; it'll get to it tomorra.

JT Yorke likes this.
  6. ivanova

ivanova New Member

Great appearance, nice to see they haven't completely given up on The Muppets.

scooterfan360 and Duke Remington like this.
  7. Iwa Iniki

Iwa Iniki New Member

Not enough Muppets. Did not like the show.

8. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

first of all, i was happy to see that scooter and some of the Muppets was there, second why did they say that big Sean was going to be there, when he was not there at all ? third, why piggy wasn't there ?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like Eric Jacobson was available, I don't think Miss Piggy or any of his other characters were there.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  10. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

well that explains that.

11. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Neither did Matt Vogel's characters appear either. Maybe some SST taping prevent them from this appearance.

12. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty great, gave them the chance to use other characters and give them lines.

13. rocketdave

rocketdave New Member

Eh, there wasn't really enough Muppet involvement to keep me fully engaged. I admit I got a little misty eyed when they did the piece on the kids who lost their parents due to a distracted driver, though.

I did like the segment with Gonzo- particularly at the end when Seth Rogen calls him a role model for people who don't fit in. That was definitely true for me when I was growing up.

I thought it was a tad odd that the chicken Scooter was interacting with was not Camilla, but I guess that's because Matt Vogel wasn't involved, though I'm not sure I would have known the difference.

14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I was so looking forward to this getting to see Kermit and who ever else and I forgot! Made me so mad I could have broke something in half.
    I had it wrote on my calendar and it was just a blank thing in my mind till I realized that I forgot to see it up to record. Same with having other things on my brain too. Thanks a lot brain.

15. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I had the wrong date. I was thinking it was tonight and as it turned out it was last Sunday and I couldn't find it on the ABC website. If anyone has a video clip of just the part of the show with the Muppets that would be great.

16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Lucy: Well, you know the old saying.

Schroeder: What old saying?

Lucy: Rats!