Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

minor muppetz

Reaction score
so my guess is they feel they have a strong enough rapport now to have kermit and piggy be that full-fledged but bickering couple that they used to be in the years after MTM, but before jim died. because that's where kermit had evolved to at that point as well. even in jim's last appearance on arsenio hall, kermit is openly saying he and piggy are a couple.
Well, a year earlier, in Miss Piggy's one appearance on The Jim Henson Hour, when Vicki claims/assumes Miss Piggy dumped Kermit, Kermit starts to claim that they were never a couple.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Not anymore though! Kermit has been openly stating him and Piggy are together.

zoebell

Reaction score
yeah, but then there was also that clip of kermit on reading rainbow, where he's caught and tries to be in denial but it's more than obvious he's lying. i think it was more or less established after their onscreen wedding that they were at least a couple.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The wedding unfortunately was just part of the movie but I'm just happy to see Kermie not being so COY anymore. Lol.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
yeah, but then there was also that clip of kermit on reading rainbow, where he's caught and tries to be in denial but it's more than obvious he's lying. i think it was more or less established after their onscreen wedding that they were at least a couple.
Sent you more inbox messages!

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
(Probably not the right place, but here ya go)

Does anyone know if the Muppet Read-through will be on the DVD?
There's "A screen-test on the way to the read through," but I don't know if
that actually includes THE read-through.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yea we heard they filmed it i hope its puppeteers and stars not just more muppet stuff

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
^Agreed. I want to see more of Whitmire, Jacobson, and the rest of the crew. I'm not five years old. I know the Muppets are performed by an extremely talented group of people, and I want to hear them talk about their work!

zoebell

Reaction score
yeah, they never get their due really. and there was never any problem with it when it was jim henson or frank oz, it didn't ruin the illusion to know about them or see them working kermit, etc.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not five years old. I know the Muppets are performed by an extremely talented group of people, and I want to hear them talk about their work!
yeah, they never get their due really. and there was never any problem with it when it was jim henson or frank oz, it didn't ruin the illusion to know about them or see them working kermit, etc.
Heck, even when I was five I liked watching Muppet documentaries!