1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

YouTube: Never-Before-Seen Muppet Show Footage Surfaces

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MuppetDanny, Dec 27, 2011.

1. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

:eek:<- That's all I can say:

2. Puckrox Well-Known Member

This is incredible!
  3. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Holy grail!

How very Python-esque the first video is
  4. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Great find Danny. What a treat to see.

Chris
  5. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

They are great vids, notice Martin G. Baker on the Veterinarian's Hospital set. I wonder there's more of them and has Jim and the rest crew has seen them?
  6. Scooterforever Active Member

I don't know who any of those people are, but I assume they all worked on the Muppet show? Seemed like most of them were British; I didn't realize it was filmed in England. Wish we would've gotten to see the actual Muppet performers as well.
  7. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

8. heralde Well-Known Member

Yup it was made in ATV studios in Elstree, England. That's why you occasionally hear references to British culture such as Statler mentioning The Manchester Guardian newspaper.

And actually I think I recognize a couple of these guys from the Of Muppets and Men documentary! :halo:
  9. johnpeters999 Member

It may also SURPRISE alot of people but ATV the same company that did the Muppet also did 1974: "Julie on Sesame Street" Special.
  10. Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Wow--just watched this. (I'm supposed to be finishing a paper.) This is amazing, incredible. Just once before I die I would like to work in an environment as creative and driven and flat-out maniacal as that. People like Jim somehow manage to bring out the very best that people have to offer by expecting the impossible and embracing it with open arms.
    Bless all of those lovely folk who worked behind the scenes to bring us what we got.
    heralde likes this.
  11. Ozymandias Well-Known Member

This is incredible AND hilarious! :D I loved it!
  12. Whatnot1988 Member

They should've included this gag reel on the TMS S1 DVD box set!
  13. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Cool! Second video is so sad yet happy. Seeing the Muppets close up shop is pretty depressing.:sympathy:
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. heralde Well-Known Member

I didn't notice the second video until now, cool you actually get to see Richard performing Scooter for a second! Yay! ;)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  15. David French Member

Very interesting footage; the opening of Episode 25 had also turned up on ATV's 1976 Christmas tape and I had always assumed that that was where the footage originated from. As for the footage not turning up on DVD, Disney may not have been aware of its existence.
  16. Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Man, I love this. I would love for someone to compile all this footage we've gathered over the years into a new documentary.
  17. PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Cool vidoes!
  18. rowlfy662 Active Member

this is an amazing find i never knew these existed
    PanthraDion likes this.