Zappa says Fraggle film will rock

CoOKiE

Reaction score
lol Michael Jackson fits in with n e of the muppets... but so plastic n all

Wembley: Say Michael... where's your rods?
MJ: I'll show you mine if you show me yours... eeee he he he

now that, Super Scooter... is creepy

beaker

Reaction score
I haven't watched tv in years(no seriously, with the exception of youtube clips)
so I have no idea whose a "big hot star" in the tv world.

People I COULD see cameoing in this movie:

Andy Dick
Chris Parnell
Andy Samberg
Patton Oswalt
Brian Posehn
Kal Penn
Robert downey Jr
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Paul Giamani
Jonathan Stewart
Seth Green
Jeneane Garafalo
Fred Savage
Kel Mitchell
Conan Obrien
Bill Cosby
Paul Giamatti
Sandra Oh
Ray Ramano
Robin Williams
Scarlett Johansen

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There's a BUNCH in that list that aren't timeless enough to make a cameo in a Muppet Film.

I liked the cameos in The Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper best. They played characters other than themselves, and that kept the movie timeless. Robin Williams and Bill Cosby could play roles like that. Chris Parnell is from Memphis, so I'd have to push for him. SNL folks are usually good for roles like cameos, since that's what they did on the show basically (sketch comedy is HARD).

Luke

Reaction score
I think Andy Dick would be cool as a crazy scientist or something. Robin Williams would be quite good in any Muppet production.

I'm all up for the cage dancing .... but i can sense Warrick starting to get another petition up to ban us from ever having anything to do with the Fraggles EVER, lol.

By the way, does anyone have a contact for Zappa?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Zappa? Probably smoke signals? I dunno. I tried using smoke signals recently and got in trouble as an attempted arsonist. Wasn't my fault the neighbor's dog got so close to the fire.

Anyhow, I thank Warrick every time I put in a Fraggle season DVD. I do wonder what his take is on the movie--where is he now anyhow. Does he come on MC anymore, or just at TP?

I miss all my old friends. At least we have Luke back. YAAAYYYY LUKE! Melmac, represent!

jedifraggle

Reaction score
MUSICIAN SUGGESTIONS by jedifraggle

i'm usually not in forums, but i'll add my 2 cents to this one. i'm not comfortable with "celebrities" with fraggles. that was the main difference for me between fraggles and muppets. there was a sort of mythological feeling to the fraggles. of course traveling matt interacted with humans in modern day, but that was about adventure, learning and comedy. i don't want the celebrity interaction to be like product placement. i just don't want the focus of "a children's show to bring peace to the world" to loose it's focus. i care more about art and creativity in my entertainment than "stars". however, i feel zappa as an artist understands this and i wish him good luck. i am the same exact age as him and used to watch every new premier of fraggle rock on HBO. personally, i would prefer they just stay in the rock and go crazy! that being said, IF celebrities are ultimately going to be used, i feel musicians would be the more appropriate cameos. i think it would maybe be even cooler if the cameos were just dvd extras as music videos (kind of like the old fraggle songs laserdisc) my list is not JUST favorites, but some that feel kind of right singing or playing together:

bjork (with red)
flea (with webley)
jack white (with gobo)
thom york (with boober)
tori amos (with cotterpin)
aphex twin (with doozers)
arykah badu (with mokey)
george carlin (with cantus)
brian henson (with sprocket)
david bowie (with uncle matt)
wierd al (with convincing john)
bruce campbell (fighting gorgs)
bob dylan (with the trash heap)
mel brooks (with oldest fraggle)

HAPPY LIFE DAY!

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Zappa? Probably smoke signals? I dunno. I tried using smoke signals recently and got in trouble as an attempted arsonist. Wasn't my fault the neighbor's dog got so close to the fire.

Anyhow, I thank Warrick every time I put in a Fraggle season DVD. I do wonder what his take is on the movie--where is he now anyhow. Does he come on MC anymore, or just at TP?

I miss all my old friends. At least we have Luke back. YAAAYYYY LUKE! Melmac, represent!
Perhaps the dog knew smoke signals and came to see what was going on - that'd be my defence in court. You should get Muley to represent ya! And our friend Warrick, last seen hocking Muppet merchandise on the forum so he could get to Sesame Street - but posts here occasionally. I never knew that when the theme went "How to get, how to get to Sesame Street", the answer was Ebay. And to think Big Bird went to all that trouble of walking there in "The Muppet Movie" !!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"Brand new blades,
CDs and discs, blue-ray.
On eBay,
It's where your price is steep!
It's the only way to get,
Way to get to Sesame Street."

Luke

Reaction score
OMG, that's funny. *BOWS DOWN IN RESPECT*