Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ya know Toughpigs.com have a Sesame Street 50th anniversary poll for clips and episodes you wish to see. http://www.toughpigs.com/somebody-come-and-poll/

I got mine submitted for 26 clips and 9 episodes-- ALL CLASSIC! Haha! XD ;D
It is a fan-made poll (a collaboration between Toughpigs and The Muppet Mindset),so I don't think the results would really result in too much. Then again, one of them does work for Sesame Workshop, I don't doubt he'd consider showing the big results to the right person.

I've seen that you can take the poll again and again. I feel a bit morally conflicted about doing it multiple times (though I also felt morally conflicted about pointing that out here). If I were to do it again I'd probably just do it once a day. Then again, I filled out the poll as if it were the only time I'd be able to do it.

I haven't entered for the prize. Even though I trust Tough Pigs and The Muppet Mindset, I don't know how I feel about giving them my address if I don't even know if I'll be the winner.

BertFan

Reaction score
Here is a verse they should add if they ever redo the song

Because the great Jim Henson's dead
and they put Elmo on instead
That makes me MAD! (yeah, w'ere angry! very, very, angry)
I swear I saw that on the comment section of that video.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't think the original edit of Sesame Street, Special was particularly rare (I actually used to have two copies taped off PBS in 1988). I thought it just hadn't been uploaded online in full.

After all, the special has been released on video (not many Sesame Street things on video have been uploaded in full), and there's only a small amount of material exclusive to the special (all of which has been uploaded online, including stuff missing/altered from the video release).

There are plenty of things that either aren't currently on YouTube or took a long time before a YouTube upload that I think plenty of fans had even though it took so long to get online (or that we're still waiting for). Stars and Street Forever, many of the Playhouse Video compilations, Wow You're a Cartoonist!, Here Come the Puppets, some of the Muppet Sing-Alongs, and this special.

Of course, while it doesn't have much interest, I would kind of like to see the 1990s broadcast edit, which includes the Put Down the Duckie title card, the pledge drive lead-in, and replaces one segment with an H. Ross Parrot segment. Muppet Wiki notes the inclusion of H. Ross Parrot in a later airing but I don't think it says what sketch.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I didn't think the original edit of Sesame Street, Special was particularly rare (I actually used to have two copies taped off PBS in 1988). I thought it just hadn't been uploaded online in full.

After all, the special has been released on video (not many Sesame Street things on video have been uploaded in full), and there's only a small amount of material exclusive to the special (all of which has been uploaded online, including stuff missing/altered from the video release).

There are plenty of things that either aren't currently on YouTube or took a long time before a YouTube upload that I think plenty of fans had even though it took so long to get online (or that we're still waiting for). Stars and Street Forever, many of the Playhouse Video compilations, Wow You're a Cartoonist!, Here Come the Puppets, some of the Muppet Sing-Alongs, and this special.

Of course, while it doesn't have much interest, I would kind of like to see the 1990s broadcast edit, which includes the Put Down the Duckie title card, the pledge drive lead-in, and replaces one segment with an H. Ross Parrot segment. Muppet Wiki notes the inclusion of H. Ross Parrot in a later airing but I don't think it says what sketch.
Wow You're a Cartoonist is on yt, I saw it recently

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow You're a Cartoonist is on yt, I saw it recently
I know. I was listing a few things that took a long time before anyone uploaded in addition to some that, as far as I know, aren't online, that I thought plenty of members here had copies of.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Here is one lost SS skit I haven't seen anyone else talk about, Sometimes a Cookie. I have been searching on and off for this for years. the full audio was featured on the Numbers PC game and incomplete footage was featured on a Sesame English DVD. Apparently the full clip was screened at the Somebody Come and Play exhibit at Lincoln Center. One thing I noticed was that Muppet Wiki said it was from 1988 but it looks much older, Muppet Wiki has made mistakes like this before for example the 1976 version of Being Green was listed as an insert from episode 3140. If anyone else knows more about this please let me know