Why can't penguins talk anymore?

MWoO

Reaction score
Interesting note. I was watching some muppets tonight episodes and watched the Whoopie Goldberg episode where the penguins sang in quacks followed by the Martin Short episode where the penguins sang in English. Those episodes aired right after one another! What the hey?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It should also be noted there's a similar situation within the SST universe, in that on some occasions, penguins can actually speak, but other times they can't. In fact, for a short period of time in the mid 2000s, there was this penguin performed by Joey Mazzarino who seemed to pop up from time to time, especially in scenes involving numerous characters (such as A Celebration of Me, Grover), but other times, they just quack.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
One penguin spoke perfect English on an episode of Mopatop's Shop.

The most recent clip I could find of penguins talking perfect English is the "Goodbye" episode, where the Bouncing Pengolinos enter Mopatop's Shop, laughing and saying hello, which starts at the 6:04 mark.

D'Snowth's right on the fact about the Sesame Street penguins. Muppet Penguins can have hard times pronouncing English words sometimes.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
one did speak in Muppets Take Manhattan as well.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh hey Wow I really need to stop posting on here with my eyes closed.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
On the DVD of Letters to Santa, the penguins do talk about getting as far away from the south pole as possible, and then go back to their normal quacking.