1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Why can't penguins talk anymore?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MWoO, Jul 5, 2012.

1. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Interesting note. I was watching some muppets tonight episodes and watched the Whoopie Goldberg episode where the penguins sang in quacks followed by the Martin Short episode where the penguins sang in English. Those episodes aired right after one another! What the hey?
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It should also be noted there's a similar situation within the SST universe, in that on some occasions, penguins can actually speak, but other times they can't. In fact, for a short period of time in the mid 2000s, there was this penguin performed by Joey Mazzarino who seemed to pop up from time to time, especially in scenes involving numerous characters (such as A Celebration of Me, Grover), but other times, they just quack.
  3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

One penguin spoke perfect English on an episode of Mopatop's Shop.

The most recent clip I could find of penguins talking perfect English is the "Goodbye" episode, where the Bouncing Pengolinos enter Mopatop's Shop, laughing and saying hello, which starts at the 6:04 mark.

D'Snowth's right on the fact about the Sesame Street penguins. Muppet Penguins can have hard times pronouncing English words sometimes.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

one did speak in Muppets Take Manhattan as well.
  5. FrackleFan2012

Miss Kermie already said that.
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Oh hey Wow I really need to stop posting on here with my eyes closed.
  7. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Can we also discuss how cute and cuddly and awesome penguins are? Because they're pretty cool. :zany:
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  8. FrackleFan2012

Yup. They sure are. :zany::flirt:
    charlietheowl likes this.
  9. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

They sure are Cool I'd love to see Disney release a penguin plush:zany: but unfortunately thats just a dream :dreamy:
  10. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

On the DVD of Letters to Santa, the penguins do talk about getting as far away from the south pole as possible, and then go back to their normal quacking.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  11. robodog

robodog Active Member

Maybe the penguins are de-evolving. Slowly being reduced to a more primative state. And really, in the Muppet universe it's probably better that this happen to penguins than to frogs.