Kinect Sesame Street TV coming soon

Drtooth

Reaction score
This looks like a great idea and all, I just hope this doesn't become the future of Sesame Street...:concern:
That's a tricky question to ask, because... well... let's face it. We're completely unclear on what the future of television, media in general actually, really is. I don't see Sesame Street's TV run ending due to a new generation video game based technology such as this. I think it supplements it rather nicely, making better use of rerun material than PBS could, but not taking too much away from the TV show. As we have more and more forced, completely fake interactivity in kids shows (basically having a character ask a question, only for the fake audience to answer it, implying the home viewer has anything to do with it), it IS refreshing to see something that actually is interactive.

That's not to say it will be X-box exclusive, or even on the way in the next few years. There always tends to be some dramatic media shift when something new happens. Sometimes things go obsolete (but usually just hardware and home entertainment products), but some things do tend to stay around, albeit slightly altered.

I can see Sesame Street being an entirely different thing all together, and I can also seeing it same as it ever was. Whatever it is, it's not going to happen for quite some time.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If you can ignore the young man trying to be funny with his voice-over, this video has footage of some new stuff with Ernie and Bert:

I don't know about you, but that's classic E&B material right there.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
How does this work exactly?

They release new interactive episodes every week? (There's Sesame episodes that we're not seeing?)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
How does this work exactly?

They release new interactive episodes every week? (There's Sesame episodes that we're not seeing?)
It's motion sensor technology; so when you make a "throw" motion, an object will be thrown toward the characters as needed.

And these aren't an every week thing; a disc of eight episodes was released in late 2012 and this new set of eight is on the Xbox Marketplace. They're not really new episodes; they're re-used street stories (with a library piece or two) with some new material tailored to the motion sensor technology.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was just looking at the Muppet Wiki "Kermit on Sesame Street" page and saw that you can achieve points or something if you watch a Kermit clip from the video library. I had no idea that Kermit was in this. But when looking at the Muppet Wiki page for this I saw it mention "Elmo's World: Frogs" being included, so I guess that's what the Kermit footage is. Or is there additional Kermit content on this release (I'd be surprised if it has any classic content at all)?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was just looking at the Muppet Wiki "Kermit on Sesame Street" page and saw that you can achieve points or something if you watch a Kermit clip from the video library. I had no idea that Kermit was in this. But when looking at the Muppet Wiki page for this I saw it mention "Elmo's World: Frogs" being included, so I guess that's what the Kermit footage is. Or is there additional Kermit content on this release (I'd be surprised if it has any classic content at all)?

I was looking at the forum part of Muppet Wiki and saw that the game includes an app where you can watch a large variety of clips, including many classic clips. I read that the app even arranges them by season (as well as "classic clips", "celebrities", and so on). And I read that it even includes old clips not at sesamestreet.org.

It'd be interesting to see a list of what clips are included, especially when arranged by season. I wonder if it has clips with any really rare characters like Leslie Mostly, Deena and Pearl, Shivers the Penguin, Aristotle, The Mudman, and others.