You've GOT to remember this!

D

Dil

Well, you've got to know about the Number Raps, no?

When I was a young child, I was think there would be a #20 Rap, but I think it was only a dream.

D

Dil

I'm patient, it's just that I need somebody to answer that post:

Dil said:
Well, you've got to know about the Number Raps, no?

When I was a young child, I was think there would be a #20 Rap, but I think it was only a dream.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Dil said:
I'm patient, it's just that I need somebody to answer that post:
I remember those cool raps, I think they're still being played on Sesame Street today. I used to look forward to the "longer" raps ( you know, from the number 15 onward) because the beats were very awesome. But the "longest" rap I've seen was the number 19.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Here is how it went.

Sounds Around the House 1: A dripping faucet, A man practicing a violin, A woman vacuuming the carpet, A teenage girl listening to the radio, and a subway train rolls by.

Sounds Around the House 2: Wind chimes, A woman snoring, A young boy pretending to be an airplane, a teenage boy practicing his trumpet, And a man on the motorcycle.

I remember these 2 films.

JLG

Reaction score
I LOVE THAT ONE.
To me it's kind of a perfect embodiment of Sesame Street at its strangest, an example of how surreal and eerie the show could be in some of its stranger, darker corners.
If I'm ever watching that with someone and they asked "What the heck was THAT?", my answer would simply be, "That was Sesame Street!" :wink:
(A couple of years ago I was watching it with my dad, and his reaction was "Okayyyyyyyyy.....")

Sounds Around the House 1: A dripping faucet, A man practicing a violin, A woman vacuuming the carpet, A teenage girl listening to the radio, and a subway train rolls by.
I see I'm not the only one who calls them "Sounds Around The House" (although I always thought of THIS one as #1, since I used to see it way more often as a kid in the mid/late 80s.)

I would think both are from the late 70s or very early 80s (look how the teenage girl is dressed). It's a pretty safe bet they were made at the same time.

People have been wondering what they were meant to be teaching, exactly. A lot of Sesame Street clips used to convey things that were more abstract than concrete. Right brain-ticklers, in a sense.
I think if this thing had a point, it would roughly translate as "Hey kids........listen. Just listen." It seems to basically be about observation, and connecting what you hear to what you see. Going backwards through the sounds at the end, without seeing the things they're coming from, pushes the viewers to to remember what they saw before and connect what they're hearing to what they're remembering.

dinoboy

Reaction score
I remember a rare one that I loved. It was animated and took place at night in the city. You hear an electric piano play a lullabye song. I thought that music was wonderful.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I remember a rare one that I loved. It was animated and took place at night in the city. You hear an electric piano play a lullabye song. I thought that music was wonderful.
Which one? The one I know of was the on where the sun sets and the moon rises and everyone says Good Night as the turn off their lights. And then the phone rings and the man says "Hello!" Follow by a screeching baby (possibly needed a diaper change). And then the moon yawns and says "Good Night!"