The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Double bah-humbug this year.

Not only has She-Who-Used-To-Be-My-Favorite-Person never responded to any of the notes and messages I left for her throughout last year (and the Christmas card I sent her came back with "Return to sender, not at this address"), but now, I never know whether or not the waitress I have an immature crush on (I say "immature", because really, isn't 23-24 too old to be having crushes?) will be working at the restaurant, or if they'll have "loaned her out" to another location.

Bah humbug.

And... bah huuuuummmmrrrrbuuurrrrgh...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Do FAKE relationships count? :stick_out_tongue:

Man...even when I actually was dating someone we weren't together for valentines day. That's depressing...

Oh well. Maybe my school with have one of those speed dating events again :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not so sure I would want a school to try to hook people together...

But speaking of hook-ups, man, dating sites have gotten out of control lately, haven't they? I mean match.com, eharmony, all that stuff, yeah sure, but they've gotten REALLY specific lately... I'm not just talking about like Christian, Jewish, Black, Hispanic, etc. dating sites, but I mean like senior citizen dating sites, redneck dating sites, even PET dating sites. O.O

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would I sound nasty if I said I no longer care? I mean, really... you can only be bitter about this day so long before you get tired of it. I basically just ignore it now.

I'm far more annoyed that Valentines don't come with posters anymore. I was buying them just for the posters, and now they no longer do that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Would I sound nasty if I said I no longer care? I basically just ignore it now.
I'm basically the same way, but it's not 100% possible to ignore it when people around you try to get you into the "spirit" of the holiday.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see what you mean. Mayhaps I'm just a lot more jaded than you are. Personal things just numb me to the entire experiance.

As for those who really love it, thankfully I don't surround myself with those people, nor do I know many of those who remotely care. The only thing I really care about the holiday is that I wax nostalgic for those lame little licensed cartoon character cardboard things that we used to buy and get as kids, and I'll wind up buying some, opening the box, letting them all over the floor, and eventually throwing half of them away anyway.

I at least want a poster with it so I can cover up my ugly walls. of course, they didn't start doing that until 10 years ago or so. Whenever the heck Madagascar 1 came out, since I have that one.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Last Valentine's Day, I did the best thing possible: watched The Naked Gun, that might have to become a tradtion because I'm overdue to watch that movie again. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only thing I really care about the holiday is that I wax nostalgic for those lame little licensed cartoon character cardboard things that we used to buy and get as kids, and I'll wind up buying some, opening the box, letting them all over the floor, and eventually throwing half of them away anyway.
Well, of course, as a kid, the holiday doesn't really have any kind of a meaning to it, it's just a day to celebrate because you know it's one of the few days at school when you basically get to party and goof off almost all day; and yes, the highlight was buying those little licensed cartoon character Valentines... I remember when Cartoon Network came out with Valentines, I was STOKED: Ed, Edd n Eddy AND Courage the Cowardly Dog, I was there. Ironically, I remember one year in the very late 90s (1998, 1999 or so), I actually found Nicktoon Valentines that included not only Rocko, but the Real Monsters as well... at a point in time where neither of them were relevant to Nicktoons anymore.
Last Valentine's Day, I did the best thing possible: watched The Naked Gun, that might have to become a tradtion because I'm overdue to watch that movie again. :big_grin:
I'm kind of the same way, only with the Dom DeLuise movie Fatso.