1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaker, Feb 13, 2003.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

If there is one day of the year I absolutely hate, loathe and despise...it is Valentines day. Its the one time of the year us single folks get to feel like poo under a magnifying glass, while all the couply people out there get to flaunt their decadence. In the last few days, every site I go to has annoying Valentiens day spam popups...my inbox gets spam about Valentines stuff, its on every commercial, show, etc. It makes me sick.

To heck with Valentines day, may it burn in the eternal flame of
    destruction! ;) Ok, that was a bit too harsh...but yeah, us single folks should rise up against that day.

Valentines day only serves to throw tomatoes and rotten vegetables at us folks who cant/choose to get a date as a kind of play yard 'ha ha'...only its backed by countless millions in advertising.

Ok, this post sounds kind of bitter, but Im sure theres those out there who can symphathize.

Perhaps the one good thing that could come from nuclear missles headed at the US, is that it improves my chances of getting a gf! ^_^
  2. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

I am single, yet I don't feel this way at all.

Lighten up and perhaps love will come your way.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... valentines day reaks...

At least Pepe lePrawn is on The other half!
    SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Aw yes...tommorrow afternoon! Oooh, cant wait...Pepe's first appearence on as a talk show guest!

But yeah, V day reaks like an opened sarcofagus on the Serenghetti plains.

Well, at least I cheered myself up with this neat self portrait:

I call this one: ".c//0ry: The magnificent kid hierophant, on the glorious rise of an endless concerto...AKA astonishing panorama of the squishy fun times"

(That's my partner in crime Kiwi...and yes, I somehow seem to draw myself in a wide array of exquisitely rich chinese fabrics and silks)
    http://forums.palisadestoys.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=32279

Aw yes, life on the roaming fractal wetlands of the dreaming is grand.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Y'see Cory, you DO have a nice bird to kiss on Valentines Day ! :D

Love the drawing btw - u is good !
  6. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Cannot see why you feel so bad; I am happily single and uninvolved in any relationships, and yet I still enjoy Valentine's Day...I guess it's just all the good vibes floating around...:D
  7. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Like all previous Valentine's Days, I am single.

And yet I don't let it bother me (although it did in high school, but that's a whole other issue).

I like to spend my Valentine's Day just going nuts on stuff that I love. Frosting? You bet (I am now addicted to frosting. I love it. I go to the store and I buy it, and then I eat it. It's *TONS* of sugar, but wow). Music I love? You bet. I like to treat myself because... I love me!

It sounds all stupid and everything, but it's fun...

:D
  8. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

hey the best thing about being single on valentines is
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND ANY MONEY ON SOMEONE!

i've been single for over 3 years and i'm 21, and i really don't care about haveing a g/f....i can get a g/f if i wanted to but i don't want one. i like being by myself.you have more freedom. besides, valentines day is clearly over rated....and i think it's a pointless event like groundhog day...so don't feel bad that you're single on valentines....like i say, who cares about valentines day!!!..

ryan
  9. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

It isn't so bad if you know you're mom is giving you the Floyd action figure that you didn't get for Christmas!:D

By the way Emmy, I've got some frosting in my room right now that you can have because otherwise I eat too much of it!!
  10. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

That's ok. I've had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

(enough to know that I prefer the Meijer brand to the Duncan Hines)

11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

and why do you have frosting in your room?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

nevermind i probably don't wanna know

Sarah
  12. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

I have frosting in my room.

Two canisters in fact.

And a box of Cocoa Puffs (which I like to put in the frosting).

And a 12-pack of Meijer brand pop.

Woah. That's a lot of sugar! (no wonder I'm up at 2 in the morning)

MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  13. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Hmm... I hate romance, but want sex. This is a hard one.
  14. :eek:

CHRIS!!

Considerin' yer previous statement...no comment.

LOL!

:o
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hey, I'm single and I love it! I'm just one of those people who don't like to be tied down. (Shut up, Nate) I focus on my artwork and friends. And it's my ex's birthday - who is still my best friend!

The trick to finding love is to put yourself out there with a lot of genuine positive energy, live your life and people will respond. Over eager and unhappy people can be unappealing. Confidence is key. Love is not a band-aid for unhappiness. It's a welcome addition to an already thriving life. Two neuroses that fit in a special way that only they can understand. Just my 2 cents.

Anyway, why are we required to have a date on Valentine's Day? I tend to send out cards to and focus on the special people in my life that I care about. The people who will be there for me ten years from now. Nothing beats that. And when you look at it that way - Valentine's Day totally rocks!:p

(And it's an excuse to make another menu. Hey, I'd celebrate Happy Tuesday if I could!)
  16. LOL!!
  17. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Where is this thread heading?
  18. Looks like a kinky bed to me...
  19. camilla

camilla New Member

Frogboy. I love your valentines menu.! I've not seen many of thm as I've been in linx fo the past month. Looking forward to the happy Pancake day. Can we have a swedish chef tossing pancakes hen!!

Camilla
  20. anathema

anathema Active Member

This would be the one you're willing to share for "a small fee", right? :p