Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Scooter's the best! I love him! My mom says she doesn't like him because of his "my uncle who owns the theater..." but I actually don't mind that. I love the reactions he gets from Kermit when he uses that line. I don't get the hate! :wink:
In the original show, Scooter was at least as prominent and important a character as Rowlf, but like Rowlf, he wasn't as wacky as some of the zanier Muppets, such as Animal or Gonzo. Despite his occasional antics, Scooter is actually pretty laid back and normal. Again, I think this normalcy hurt his popularity among a cast of wacky characters.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Scooter is easily my favourite Richard Hunt Muppet. He just doesn't get enough credit!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Scooter is easily my favourite Richard Hunt Muppet. He just doesn't get enough credit!
David Rudman seems to have perfected Scooter since taking over (he had other performers, including Hunt's brother, but none of them sounded right), and Scooter had an arguably major role in The Muppets. Scooter also seems to play a major role in Roger Langridge's Muppet comic book series.