What's on your desktop?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ok, just what exactly is Handbrake? I keep hearing about how wonderful it is and the site really doesn't tell me anything. Is it just a file converter?

Also...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It rips DVDs.

It's not THAT great... it's good for recordable DVDs (R, RW, etc.), but it's lousy at trying to rip actual DVDs, because the content comes out in a mess of magenta, lime, and snowy pixels.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Don't you have to have some extra codec or whatever installed with it though? I was looking for something to rip a dvd and I kept seeing people mention handbrake and how you needed something else with it because it wouldn't rip it alone?

I'm not as technologically savvy as people think I am and it all just confused me :embarrassed:

Bridget

Reaction score
I often change mines! Last week was a picture of my honey-gold skin Muppet buddy Walter! This week it's my favorite cartoon character, Lola Bunny!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't you have to have some extra codec or whatever installed with it though?
I didn't have to do that, but that may or may not explain why studio manufactured DVD rips result in the picture being consumed by lime, magenta, and gray pixels (but again, DVD+RWs are no problem whatsoever).