Funniest Wackiest Zaniest Sesame Sketches

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah I remember seeing some Monster Club house bits. That was probably the best thing I've seen in the somewhat current episodes. The ending theme to it is really funny. Their goodbye song and I think it zooms into one of the monster's months. I like Kevin's character, the monster who talks gibberish. He kind of reminds me of a Blue monster that was used in the 1990s. Wasn't there a song in the 1990s with three blue monsters with hair over their eyes and it was about brushing (hair, teeth, etc). It kind of went "Brush, Brush, Boogityboogityboogity" something like that. I think it was called "Brush, Brush, Boogy".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Monster Clubhouse was a bit too wacky for the show. It really felt like something from those Muppet Time segments on Nickelodeon.

Of course, the accidental innuendo, "Furry Triangle Feel Good,".... well... how the heck did they not catch that!?!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Monster Clubhouse was a bit too wacky for the show.
I've had people tell me the same thing about my artwork. It's too wacky. But in my opinion, there's no such thing as too wacky. But that's just me. For example me and my best friend love silly slapstick but when I show him Monty Python's Flying Circus in all it's weird wackiness. He's just completely confused like why is this funny? Same with my mother, I show her Meet The Ruttles. Eric Idle's Beatles Mockumentry. She didn't get why a documentry that's not real is funny. And that's my satirical sense of humor. But everyone's different. For me, let loose The Marx Brothers... :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't seen that in years. I love the teeth, it kind of reminds me of what Spitting Image did with their Wham parody where they had puppets of "Teeth, Lips, Hair..." Ugh, I'm still trying to find that Mystery Science Theater 3000 parody where a farmer and pig are running around the movie theater when the feature is something to do with iguanas and lizards. "LIZARD, LIZARD, LIZARD!" I think they were shouting. I'd love to see that again.

http://www.sesamestreet.org/videos#media/video_4cc44d22-156b-11dd-bb51-597ab51d2e81
Here's one of my favorites. I just love how the classic Muppet sketches and songs, most of the time, there's something wacky at the end of them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've had people tell me the same thing about my artwork. It's too wacky. But in my opinion, there's no such thing as too wacky. But that's just me. For example me and my best friend love silly slapstick but when I show him Monty Python's Flying Circus in all it's weird wackiness. He's just completely confused like why is this funny? Same with my mother, I show her Meet The Ruttles. Eric Idle's Beatles Mockumentry. She didn't get why a documentry that's not real is funny. And that's my satirical sense of humor. But everyone's different. For me, let loose The Marx Brothers... :smile:
While it's debatable about other long segments that have popped up on Sesame Street over the past 12 or so years, Monster Clubhouse didn't really jive with the rest of the show. Sesame Street always had a brisk pace, but Monster Clubhouse was totally insane. I mean, there's a reason why Yakko, Wakko, and Dot were locked up in a Watertower. It would have been a novel segment to alternate with Elmo's World, but they put it on the show at the wrong time of the episode, and it just didn't gel.

I recall most old schoolers hating it, if not as much as Elmo's World, then more.

I dug it, but it felt like it needed to be its own thing separate from Sesame Street.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
While it's debatable about other long segments that have popped up on Sesame Street over the past 12 or so years, Monster Clubhouse didn't really jive with the rest of the show. Sesame Street always had a brisk pace, but Monster Clubhouse was totally insane. I mean, there's a reason why Yakko, Wakko, and Dot were locked up in a Watertower. It would have been a novel segment to alternate with Elmo's World, but they put it on the show at the wrong time of the episode, and it just didn't gel.

I recall most old schoolers hating it, if not as much as Elmo's World, then more.

I dug it, but it felt like it needed to be its own thing separate from Sesame Street.
I see your point of view on that. Wow, kids hated it? lol It kind of reminds me of how I did a kids puppet show once and this little girl walked up to me when I was packing up my puppets "ARE YOU DONE YET?" and I told her yes and she was cheering "MOMMY, DADDY, TIME TO GO TO TOYS R US!" UGH! I've always been the non-conformist old school sort of person. Anyway that's interesting how you pointed out Animatiacs being locked in a water tower. I never gave it much thought about it though. I got to see more of that show. I've seen some on The Hub and just cracking up and all their wacky parodies. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Remember the Ernie and Bert sketch where Ernie keep a glass of water and the reason was the sink was flooding the whole apartment? I just loved the ending where everything is underwater and Bert is shout gargling "ERNIE!" and Ernie is happily swimming in the background. :smile: There was several times where that gag was used right? Didn't it happen in another Ernie and Bert sketch and even one in Kermit's house?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see your point of view on that. Wow, kids hated it? lol It kind of reminds me of how I did a kids puppet show once and this little girl walked up to me when I was packing up my puppets "ARE YOU DONE YET?" and I told her yes and she was cheering "MOMMY, DADDY, TIME TO GO TO TOYS R US!" UGH!
Monster Clubhouse seems like a lost opportunity. It could have totally been fleshed out for a full half hour show, it really had a PeeWee's Playhouse like vibe to it. It really feels like something JHC would have pitched to Nickelodeon in the early 90's. It's all about venue. Too bad Sesame Street couldn't come up with another half hour show to put on some other network.

But yeah. They tried very hard to make it work in season 33, but they put it on the beginning of the show. I guess it was so frantic, kids were too exhausted to watch the rest of the hour.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I just love how Grover is being shook by the character "Marty". lol I was quite surprised to see that. Funny how there wasn't much Muppet animals built around the time this was made. It kind of reminds me of that song "We're a family".
Wasn't the Anything Muppets in the early days going to have their own concept teaching the audience to use their imagination. I remember hearing that awhile back. I'm not sure if it was dropped because it would creep out kids too much. lol Still they were able to take their noses off without controversy (if any).

Before I forget, here's two of my all time favorites