Funniest Wackiest Zaniest Sesame Sketches

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I like the ending. Though I thought it was a bit long and in my opinion, should have been sorter near the beginning and middle. I didn't like the armpit gag, a bit too low brow. Though the host having his head the wrong way and turning it back is pretty cool. But yeah if the main focus was just the ending, it would be perfect. I don't really dig much in current pop culture unless it's satirized in Mad Magazine or South Park in a satirical fashion. Though I can certainly agree, the ending was funny. Thanks for sharing. :smile:
Your welcome.

Drtooth

Reaction score
How come no one mentioned the 6 Dollar Man skit yet?

One of the ones that always has me laughing. It has a mildly comedic opening, funny bits about how much everything cost. Kinda quiet... then they turn the robot on and it malfunctions fabulously with the head shooting off the body, and even the scientist laughs at it...unexpected chaos at its best.

And I kinda have a thing about malfunctioning robots. You wanna get me laughing? Show me a robot malfunctioning extremely.

Actually, if you look up Mr. Potatohead malfunction on Youtube, just Mr. Potatohead dropping his ear and then completely shutting down floors me every time.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
How come no one mentioned the 6 Dollar Man skit yet?

One of the ones that always has me laughing. It has a mildly comedic opening, funny bits about how much everything cost. Kinda quiet... then they turn the robot on and it malfunctions fabulously with the head shooting off the body, and even the scientist laughs at it...unexpected chaos at its best.

And I kinda have a thing about malfunctioning robots. You wanna get me laughing? Show me a robot malfunctioning extremely.

Actually, if you look up Mr. Potatohead malfunction on Youtube, just Mr. Potatohead dropping his ear and then completely shutting down floors me every time.
Ah yes, one of my all time favorites. I just love how the scientist is having a ball watching the robot destroy his whole laboratory. Even as an adult, there's still something comical about big messes. Like on Ed Edd N Eddy, Ed once said in an early episode "And I'll get in the way and make a big mess." Again, it's a great example of my wild sense of humor and my comedic appreciation for The Muppets. "Well what do you expect for 6 dollars." It's funny how the scientist sounds just like Dr. Julius Strangepork. :wink:
Note: When the body of the robot finally rests upon the bed, you can see the handle rod underneath. And right before the video fades, it almost looks like Kermit either sarcastically sniffles or smooches towards the camera.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
HEY THERE LAMP! THAT'S A NICE SHADE!
You.....not the same. lol A true classic. Plus it's the one clip that's used a lot in several Jim Henson documentaries. Plus some of the ending footage is seen on a monitor in "The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show".

This very sketch reminds me of how Bert mentioned in Follow That Bird on how Ernie Always tricks Bert like this. Bert wants nothing to do with Ernie's fun games and then he starts having fun and Bert having fun just annoys Ernie so he politely makes an exit or ends it somehow for himself.
This perhaps isn't the funniest Ernie and Bert moment to most but there's something amusing to me to see Ernie felling happy and Bert felling mad. Also near the ending it's almost as if Ernie and Bert are kind of in the audiences face kind of like and I'm sort of expecting a repete of Ernie being happy and Bert being mad but execpt it's Ernie and Bert feeling happy and the audience feeling bad. It's almost like expecting that sort of pattern, perhaps it's my irreverent sense of humor, I don't know. lol Still, it's quite a nice Ernie and Bert song and that keyboard sound is really weird. lol :big_grin:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Another album sketch I like to mention in which I downloaded from iTunes and have it on my ipod. (I have quite a few Ernie and Bert sketches I bought for it, I used to have the tape "Ernie and Bert: Side to Side" as a kid so it just feels great to have some of the sketches I remember and even ones I didn't know where ever released on album when I'm on the go and whatnot) The track is "I refuse to sing a long". I've seen images of Bert in the tub while Bob and the human cast is surrounding it and had no idea where that came from so I have no idea if there's a filmed version of this. It starts with Bert singing "Yankie Doodle (Bert style if poorly isn't the nicest way to describe it *Ernie style laugh*)" Bert is enjoying his peace and quiet and here comes Ernie pushing the piano in the bathroom telling Bert that if he's singing during is bath, won't it sound nicer to have someone sing along with some music to play. So the whole song is Ernie is trying to get Bert to sing along and Bert doing so without realizing it is trying to tell Ernie off. "listen to this Bert (plays piano) Makes you wanna sing a long, doesn't it?" "Makes me want to see you out of here!" It's very vaudeville.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I also forgot this one:
Well the ending was quite cute and slightly silly but not wacky enough for my tastes.
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this one yet. Oh what the hey. Richard Hunt is really funny in this having his half of the Two Headed Monster singing. And I really love Harvey Monster's dancing style. It kind of reminds me how George the Janitor danced in the early "At The Dance" spots on the first season of The Muppet Show. Also how The Two Headed Monster grabs Harvey and another Monster and Harvey looks like he really wants to be let go. Then he does and his head is on sideways. :smile:

I love the Disco moments. Disco is NOT Dead in my book, I listen to Shalamar. :wink:

I just love the musical score in this. To me, THIS IS GREAT MUPPET MUSIC :smile:

There's a few other great ones like "I'm a Baby, Rock Me" where the high chair dances on it's own and how they are all trying to squeeze into the shot while the camera zooms into the disco ball. And Grover dancing to the alphabet. "COME ON DANCE!" :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just love the musical score in this. To me, THIS IS GREAT MUPPET MUSIC :smile:

Jerry's little nebbish monster going "In in in for MWOOOOOORE" especially with that loud, pathetic clanking of the garbage pail essentially insulting him. That sells the skit. That and getting smashed and trampled.

I never cared much for Disco, but Sesame Street certainly had a way with it.

That said, this skit is wacky for all the wrong reasons.

Trying too hard...