Funniest Wackiest Zaniest Sesame Sketches

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a good one... numbers being violently disposed of with a special guest star.

But for the love of Pete... you gotta be kidding me... "Charactors?" I know it's hand drawn animation, but SOMEONE should have caught that. It's almost setting a bad example for the kids.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Here's a good one... numbers being violently disposed of with a special guest star.

But for the love of Pete... you gotta be kidding me... "Charactors?" I know it's hand drawn animation, but SOMEONE should have caught that. It's almost setting a bad example for the kids.

I think the number (8 I think) falling in the water was the funny one. It's cool seeing the cartoony violence but it just looses it's surprise quality after awhile. It's cool for Sesame Street animated number countdown segments, it's not that wacky and zanny in my book. Too tame. I feel something can't be wacky if it's not wild. Like how silly can't be too suttee, it needs to be totally out there. But that's just my humor theory and taste.

Animated Cookie Monster looked kind of cool, strange how it looked like season 1 Cookie Monster and wasn't voiced by Frank. Though I'm not sure how I fully feel about Animated Muppets. I don't like Muppet Babies, Little Muppet Monsters, though I thought the Warner Bros style Big Bird for the scenes in Follow that Bird where kind of cool. Especially how he had crossed eyes :smile: lol Only if Muppets can be animated Looney Tunes / Tex Avery style, I'd buy to see that :smile:

I think this one scared me and made me laugh at the same time growing up. 1992 right? Louise Gold is great in this :smile: Plus Jerry Nelson is really funny in this. I love the Duck quack. I remember Imus in The Morning used to use that sound effect all the time for some reason back in the 1990s. lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
This is probably the wildest Roosevelt Franklin sketch I've ever seen. Plus I didn't know that Sound Brown made another appearance other then the Farley clip where they sing "M-A-N". He's really funny in this. Roosevelt sure has lots of energy. I know a rubber puppet of him was sold in the early 70s and even a finger puppet. Though was he popular when he was on Sesame Street. I grew up with 80s Sesame Street mostly so Roosevelt was before my time. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Lately I've been quite obsessed with this clip, Same Sound Brown is sure one hip dude. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score

I just discovered this Ernie and Bert sketch. The funny thing is the comedic music at the end. I never thought the music was ever used in any of the televised sketches, I only remember them on the album versions.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, that music's used a few other bits, like the one with Kermit auditioning wolves.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the number (8 I think) falling in the water was the funny one. It's cool seeing the cartoony violence but it just looses it's surprise quality after awhile. It's cool for Sesame Street animated number countdown segments, it's not that wacky and zanny in my book. Too tame. I feel something can't be wacky if it's not wild. Like how silly can't be too suttee, it needs to be totally out there. But that's just my humor theory and taste.

It's by far one of the wackiest 1-20 count they have ever had on the show. You have to admit, their double digit segments can be pretty dry at best.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
It's by far one of the wackiest 1-20 count they have ever had on the show. You have to admit, their double digit segments can be pretty dry at best.
For me, I prefer the wacky Muppet sketches because the only animated thing on Sesame that ever made me laugh was the sketch with the kid trying to sleep with his nightlight and the dog is dancing and the kid sees an alligator. The music was the cherry and whipped cream for the segment, especially when the Dog's mouth isn't moving to the singer one moment and the next, he is. Perhaps it's my campy sense of humor, it's like looking at the first episode of Muppet Babies where Gonzo has teeth and Baby Animal's voice was funnier and wilder then the later episodes.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah, that music's used a few other bits, like the one with Kermit auditioning wolves.
Oh yeah, I recently watched that one. Wasn't it used in one of the flood sketches? I'm still trying to find all the flood sketches they had. I think I mentioned it already but there's one which I've seen where Ernie is getting a glass of water and going outside because the sink is broken. Though I think there was several Ernie and Bert sketches which that happened and I can't remember what the set up was on those and I think there was a Grover the Salesman sketch where he floods Kermit's house and Grover ends up making a sale since Kermit needed a straw to drink all the water out of the house. I've always loved that water effect they did. It must be something like a small tank in front of a Chroma Key screen and with a video switcher, matte it into the shot.

clutch123

Reaction score
Ever since my childhood watching Sesame Street, I have seen sketches that are "Zany or Crazy" also.

1) The Addition Game (Guy Smiley and Harry Monster) -- this sketch always got me laughing, espically the ending when Harry wants to prove to Guy how to solve an Addition problem, by getting people's cars off the street; crashing through the addition board and throwing them in a pile. Guy's reaction to this is simply priceless!

2) The counts sleep-over with Ernie (2 parts) - this also a really crazy sketch, Bert and Ernie let the Count sleep over for the night, and Bert lets the Count use his bed for the night. Now at first, everything started out okay, but when Ernie told the Count to count sheep to help him sleep, he counted them but never slept, thus causing Ernie to look like a zombie, while Bert had a perfect sleep on the couch. Totally worth it, Ernie got what he deserved!!

3) Cookie Monster at the bakery -- Cookie Monster enters a bakery looking to buy something that rhymes with "buy". Only to eat the bakers tie, the letter "I" from his sign, and "Guy" Smiley, because Guy rhymes with buy. The ending was hilarious, Guy running around the bakery and Cookie Monster chasing him and funky music playing during this whole chase. Hilariously funny to say the least!

Do you people remember these sketches, and do you think they are hilarious too??