New movies coming out...

Pork

Reaction score
I remember that old slogan used in the late 80's/early 90's for videos, informing people to rewind their videos before returning them to their local video store. BlockBuster Video had those stickers on the video tapes. Now we have dvds which doesn't require rewinding. My how times have changed.
Yep, I remember that.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I remember that old slogan used in the late 80's/early 90's for videos, informing people to rewind their videos before returning them to their local video store. BlockBuster Video had those stickers on the video tapes. Now we have dvds which doesn't require rewinding. My how times have changed.
Yep. I still see these stickers. The local library has a number of used videotapes purchased from Blockbuster, with the reminder plastered on. The library itself has their own "please rewind" stickers as well.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I keep seeing commericials for Rambo, and it terrifies me :concern:

.. but, I also heard Anthony Hopkins has been cast to play Alfred Hitchcock.. I can't wait to hear him do the voice :excited:
Yes, the John Rambo commercials are rather terrifying!:eek:

Wow, I didn't know about Hopkins playing Hitchcock. Interesting casting!

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a new comedy coming out later this month that looks pretty funny. It's called Be Kind, Rewind. Jack Black and Mos Def work in a video store. Somehow, Jack becomes magnatized, and inadvertently erases all of the videos in the store. Rather than buy a store's worth of new tapes, the two decide to recreate all of the movies themselves, including Ghostbusters, Robocop and Driving Miss Daisy.
.... oh well. it is an original concept. I'll give it that. But still, yikes.

anytimepally

Reaction score
.. but, I also heard Anthony Hopkins has been cast to play Alfred Hitchcock.. I can't wait to hear him do the voice :excited:
more news:

The film will be directed by Nip/Tuck creator Ryan Murphy, and is based on Hitchcock's life around the time he shot the 1960 classic Psycho, in which he leaned heavily on techniques he learned while working on his T.V. series. The film is said to be named after that series, Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Also, Helen Mirren will play Hitchcock's wife Alma Reville

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
more news:

The film will be directed by Nip/Tuck creator Ryan Murphy, and is based on Hitchcock's life around the time he shot the 1960 classic Psycho, in which he leaned heavily on techniques he learned while working on his T.V. series. The film is said to be named after that series, Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

Also, Helen Mirren will play Hitchcock's wife Alma Reville
There's a great book called Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho. Perhaps this project will be based on that book? There are a lot of great behind the scenes stories and anecdotes...

I love how Hitch made "Psycho" as a response to the low-budget horror films being churned out at the time by studios such as Hammer and AIP, and by directors such as William Castle (called "the poor man's Hitchcock" by some). Hitch wondered what would happen if a director of his stature were to try his hand at a small, grimy little black and white horror flick (in contrast to the glossy, all-star fare he was known for). He used his television series crew to shoot the film, which was completed in about 35 days, a record for Hitch.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Of course everyone already knows this, about the new Indiana Jones picture.

But I do have to say, Harrison Ford is looking old in the trailer.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Of course everyone already knows this, about the new Indiana Jones picture.

But I do have to say, Harrison Ford is looking old in the trailer.
Well, he is old. But I'll bet he can still kick all kinds of baddie bottom!

:super:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Okay here's some major news. The 80's cartoon G.I. Joe is being made into a live action film and so is the 70's live action show Land Of The Lost.

Both are going to come out in 2009 to a theater, who overcharges for a ticket and snacks, near you.

Looks like Hollywood land is running out of ideas, as they are now going for other cartoon shows and tv shows. I even read "The Jetsons" cartoon is being made into a live action movie.

Oh and Toy Story 3 is going to be out around 2010 too.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! While I think G.I Joe is a good Idea I do think there wearing thin in the creative aspect in a lot of ways.