The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was denied membership to sonic retro. Probably because I was actually civil to people :stick_out_tongue: No, I respectfully disagreed with a staff member that graphics aren't everything. I bet that's why.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
You were denied membership because you thought graphics weren't everything?

Sheesh, and they wonder why Sonic fans are the laughing stock of the gaming community.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well I have no proof, but that's like the only thing I can think of that would have caused it. Of course they don't tell you WHY you were denied. They just leave your account in indefinite "activation pending" mode :s

I haven't been on SSBB in a while. Meh. i think I'm better off not associating with any sonic forum

Drtooth

Reaction score
HOLY....FREAKING....CRAP!!!

Sonic is REALLY getting a new cartoon!!!! FINALLY! Sonic X has been rerunning almost 10 years now. It's a great to see a NEW series with the character in development. Hopefully they can retain the same voice acting as in the games currently. That's a real rarity.

Now if only Nintendo can get their heads out of their butts and forget that stupid live action movie ever existed so they can be trusting enough to let someone come up with a new Mario series, we'll be in business.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love the first 4 to 5 sonic games, but after 3d blast, everything else just has not applied to me.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

Sonic is REALLY getting a new cartoon!!!! FINALLY! Sonic X has been rerunning almost 10 years now. It's a great to see a NEW series with the character in development. Hopefully they can retain the same voice acting as in the games currently. That's a real rarity.
Woah...since when did Knuckles become a big hulking tank? I mean, yeah, they are just shadows but that can't seriously be the sizes of the characters? That's just really bizarre to me but ok...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I doubt the finished project's going to look like that. Seems it's a depth thing that translated poorly in the graphic.

Personally, I hope Knuckles is no where near the pathetic child they made him out to be in Sonic Underground. They had the chance to make the show great (minus the grating musical numbers), and blew it with their version of Knuckles. His first appearance wasn't that bad... but the second time he was on the show.... :rolleyes:

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:

Now if only Nintendo can get their heads out of their butts and forget that stupid live action movie ever existed so they can be trusting enough to let someone come up with a new Mario series, we'll be in business.
YES! For once a Sonic rumor was true! I thought this show was going to be on the Hub, it would've been cool for Hasbro to release Sonic toys. Still, Cartoon Network's okay.

Judging by that picture, could we possibly be getting redesigns for the show?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few months ago, I read on TV Tropes that the original coding for Sonic CD is lost, which is why it was left out of the Sonic Mega Collection. And it was said that in order for it to be included on the Sonic Gems Collection, they used a hack of the PC version. And the current digital release is completely recoded.

But I can't remember where on TV Tropes I read it. I thought it was on either the Sonic CD page or Keep Circulating the Tapes, but when I looked I couldn't find that info (unless maybe it was deleted, but I'd have to check history for that). Today I did a google search asking "did Sega lose the coding for Sonic CD", with no results I could find (though I found the Sonic Wiki entry on the game, which speculates that the PC version was most likely used because it'd be hard to process a Sega CD game onto the Game Cube).

So... Anybody know if Sega actually did lose the coding, or if the information I found might have been wrong? I wish i could remember where on TV Tropes I saw the info.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
It's really strange, TV Tropes, Lost Media Wiki, Wikipedia, and Sonic Retro have nothing about the programming getting lost, yet they have info for other lost Sonic stuff like the 1990 Tokyo Toy Show demo. Perhaps it being "lost" was actually untrue and the result of rumors and/or poor research?